Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA 2011 Nationals Top 10 List-from Print Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
1 Bryce Harper
2 Anthony Rendon
3 Brad Peacock
4 AJ Cole
5 Brian Goodwin
6 Alex Meyer
7 Matt Purke
8 Sammy Solis
9 Derek Norris
10 Steve Lombardozzi

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
The Phillies and Mets are the next Top 10 lists to go up on the site. Can you enlighten us on those as well?

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
Tools

Average Rendon
Power Hitter Bryce Harper
Strike Zone Discipline Rendon
Baserunner Eury Perez
Athlete Michael Taylor
Fastball A.j. Cole
Curveball Peacock
Slider Alex Meyer
Change-up Tom Milone
Control Tom Milone
Defensive Catcher Sandy Leon
Defensive Infielder Lombardozzi
Infield Arm Deion Williams
Defensive OF Michael Taylor
OF Arm Bryce Harper

Projected Lineup 2013
C Wilson Ramos
1b Mike Morse
2b Rendon
SS Espinosa
3b Ryan Zimmerman
LF Werth
RF Harper
CF Brian Goodwin
1 Starter Strasburg
2 Zimmmermann
3 Peacock
4 A.J. Cole
5 Purke
Closer Storen

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Jaypers said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":143stqn9]Bryce Harper at #1 is a complete joke.

You left off the sarcasm marks. ~

That's because I'm serious... I thought this was the Nationals' Top 10 Future Hot Dog Vendors list when I saw his name at #1.[/quote:143stqn9]

C'mon man...lol XD Harper is clearly the #1 in this system. Who else were you expecting BA to pick, prince charming?

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
jbone17 said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Jaypers said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":3nb5usjg]Bryce Harper at #1 is a complete joke.

You left off the sarcasm marks. ~

That's because I'm serious... I thought this was the Nationals' Top 10 Future Hot Dog Vendors list when I saw his name at #1.

C'mon man...lol XD Harper is clearly the #1 in this system. Who else were you expecting BA to pick, prince charming?[/quote:3nb5usjg]

Do you commonly hear whooshing sounds?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
The list is now up on the site, for those who want to read the scouting reports of the top 10.

As a favor for those of you who aren't subscribers, I'd be happy to PM you.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Bryce Harper at #1 is a complete joke.

Although I would not say "a complete joke" I do otherwise agree with you. I prefer a better balance of actual production vs ceiling, however BA commonly prefers ceiling to actual production. None the less, I still would put Harper in the top 3 or so, and considering this is simply an opinionated list of sorts, I do not think it's all that bad. Having said that Rendon is my clear #1.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Nothing like people trying to be bold.

Harper is the clear cut #1 in the system.....and clear #1 prospect in all of baseball.

His ceiling is absolutely huge and anyone who denies that is clearly on another planet.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

I remember back when one of the major prospectors was absolutely crucified for having Alex Gordon as the #30 overall prospect rather than the consensus #1 overall prospect. Turned out he nailed it.

Not that I agree, but I'm interested to hear your thoughts on why you think the Nationals have better prospects in their organization.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
matfanofold said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

Although I would not say "a complete joke" I do otherwise agree with you. I prefer a better balance of actual production vs ceiling, however BA commonly prefers ceiling to actual production. None the less, I still would put Harper in the top 3 or so, and considering this is simply an opinionated list of sorts, I do not think it's all that bad. Having said that Rendon is my clear #1.

Are these AFL stats, after the season stats, not enough production for a freshly turned 19 y/o?

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb ... pid=547180

Not sure how you can rank a slightly undersized, oft-injured, pure bat, plus defender prospect over Harper. Rendon is a fine player, but not nearly the tool set that Harper possesses.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
tpeichel said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

I remember back when one of the major prospectors was absolutely crucified for having Alex Gordon as the #30 overall prospect rather than the consensus #1 overall prospect. Turned out he nailed it.

Not that I agree, but I'm interested to hear your thoughts on why you think the Nationals have better prospects in their organization.

Maybe. How many of the 29 prospects ahead of him had a better year in the major leagues last year? Just sayin

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
NECpilgrims8 said:
matfanofold said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

Are these AFL stats, after the season stats, not enough production for a freshly turned 19 y/o?

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb ... pid=547180

Not sure how you can rank a slightly undersized, oft-injured, pure bat, plus defender prospect over Harper. Rendon is a fine player, but not nearly the tool set that Harper possesses.

Like I said in the quoted post, I prefer a balance of production and ceiling when ranking prospects. It's clear that Harper has a higher projected ceiling. And Harpers production in the AFL (including his recent production in total) still falls short of what I would consider a top quality prospect, let alone the second coming of christ, even for a 19 year old.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts