Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

EBAY HELP! High Dollar sale to Australia

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
Registered Mail will typically not provide the actual signer's name required by Paypal for transactions over $250. The tracking just shows up like Delivery Confirmation.

Look into UPS Express.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
Jastermereel said:
Registered Mail will typically not provide the actual signer's name required by Paypal for transactions over $250. The tracking just shows up like Delivery Confirmation.

Look into UPS Express.

^^This. Either UPS, Fedex, or DHL are the three major carriers that provide signature confirmation services for overseas expedited mail. USPS DOES NOT PROVIDE SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION FOR INTERNATIONAL, only a paper return receipt which does not qualify for Paypal seller protection. Do not use USPS for this transaction.

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
I have sold hundreds of cards, some up to $2000 to international bidders. I have always sent USPS Registered mail. I have never had an issue with any buyer when sending registered. Beats the hell out of paying $75 to ship one card with Fedex or UPS. Just my 2 cents.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
jbrown said:
I have sold hundreds of cards, some up to $2000 to international bidders. I have always sent USPS Registered mail. I have never had an issue with any buyer when sending registered. Beats the hell out of paying $75 to ship one card with Fedex or UPS. Just my 2 cents.

So have I. The question was, what is the safest way to do it, and Registered is not the answer. If a buyer decided to screw you, they could and would.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
cmnkb8 said:
Jastermereel said:

Look into UPS Express.

^^This. Either UPS, Fedex, or DHL are the three major carriers that provide signature confirmation services for overseas expedited mail. USPS DOES NOT PROVIDE SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION FOR INTERNATIONAL, only a paper return receipt which does not qualify for Paypal seller protection. Do not use USPS for this transaction.

Interesting you say this. I sat at Fedex for 20 minutes while they tried to insure a $330 card to Taiwan. They couldn't do it. They couldn't insure a sports card for over $100. I would make damn sure you know what you are getting yourself into.

I used USPS registered with insurance, etc. No problems.
skrip

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
ballerskrip said:
cmnkb8 said:
Jastermereel said:

Look into UPS Express.

Interesting you say this. I sat at Fedex for 20 minutes while they tried to insure a $330 card to Taiwan. They couldn't do it. They couldn't insure a sports card for over $100. I would make damn sure you know what you are getting yourself into.

I used USPS registered with insurance, etc. No problems.
skrip

Again, USPS Registered does not provide signature confirmation on international, so if anything WERE to happen or the buyer is dishonest, he would automatically win the Ebay/Paypal claim. Even if USPS insures it, if the buyer actually gets the item and files a claim, he automatically gets his money back thru Paypal since you don't have the proper proof of signature, but USPS WILL NOT reimburse you if the buyer doesn't sign an affidavit stating he never got the item (and he likely won't if he's scamming you).

Personally, I've only used UPS for international, and they can insure cards for the amount I need it to be (thus far, the highest I've done has been $290), as well as offer the electronic signature that is required if an Ebay/paypal non-delivery claim arises. Fedex and DHL have the signature services as well, but I can't speak for insurance since I've never insured anything with them. UPS is mega-expensive however, as it will be $75-$100+ depending on destination.

The chance of getting scammed isn't high, but if you truly want to protect yourself, USPS Registered won't do anything for you in the event it happens. At least with UPS, there is the extra layer of protection with the electronic signature.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
I love these topics cause its a bunch of bad information. WITH OUT SIGNATURE YOU LOSE 100% of the time for international . USPS does not offer this AT ALL . And buying insurance is completely a waste of money since you lose that money also.

Here's how it works, and how I have seen it work on others in the past. Now this is if you run into a scam artist of course.

*buyer opens dispute

*Paypal sees no signature was acquired and closes the dispute refunds the money.

*Seller contacts the post office for insurance, they tell the seller it was delivered so you lose.

*Seller who is out money now makes topic and complains.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
nyc3 said:
I love these topics cause its a bunch of bad information. WITH OUT SIGNATURE YOU LOSE 100% of the time for international . USPS does not offer this AT ALL . And buying insurance is completely a waste of money since you lose that money also.

Here's how it works, and how I have seen it work on others in the past. Now this is if you run into a scam artist of course.

*buyer opens dispute

*Paypal sees no signature was acquired and closes the dispute refunds the money.

*Seller contacts the post office for insurance, they tell the seller it was delivered so you lose.

*Seller who is out money now makes topic and complains.

Thank you for summing up what I was trying to say in concise bullet points :ugeek:

Lifelongfan

Aug 7, 2008
Have a feeling this will end bad...I gave up shipping International----and it is the only way to fly....Shipping International sucks.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Sending UPS Worldwide express. Split the shipping in half for him.

Insured for $500 and require signature confirmation.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts