Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How would you handle this situation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Card sold with my standard "nrmt-mint" description. Buyer says there is a ding in the back corner (never saw the "ding" when I had the card). Card sold for $20.

Would this be one of those "ask the buyer to send card back and give refund and be done with it" or would you fight it and say "nrmt-mint" covers minor issues like dings etc.?

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
AMAZIN HOF COLLECTOR said:
Have them send it back and refund purchase price minus shipping.
If they are BSing, they will keep the card. If they are not, theyll return it.

+1

1. Never give partial refunds for "damage" that they "discovered." Get card back and refund in full.

2. Never put a grade in your listing unless it's an already graded card (leads to #1).

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
I have a similar situation going on over $30, I told them to return and I'll refund- There was no ding on the card when I listed it( in the scan)nor was there a ding when I sent it. But buyer wants a refund, so because Ebay they get it. Already had to email my address 2x though( and he magically lost the envelope itcame in), so I'll be suprised if i get it back.

MattinglyStash

Aug 5, 2009

I'm in a similar situation too but as the buyer. Card wasn't really what it was listed to be. I'm just curious as to what the logic is behind not refunding the S&H? In my case it's a completely different card, not I difference in opinion on condition. The seller wants me to return it and refund the card price only and I have to pay to return it. So im basically out the card and paid S&H twice. It's a small purchase that I'll just resell (less hassle) but he threw out the offer which got me to thinking why wouldn't I get the S&H back? At least the original S&H?

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
RZimm11 said:
1. Never give partial refunds for "damage" that they "discovered." Get card back and refund in full.

2. Never put a grade in your listing unless it's an already graded card (leads to #1).

Man, those Ravens fans get it right! ;)

I just say "good condition" in my descriptions...

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
RZimm11 said:

+1

I totally agree with #1. And I would also say to have the card returned.

I had a guy tell me a Montero chrome auto was damaged during shipping, and demanded a partial refund. When I asked him to just return the card, he told me it was a birthday gift for a friend. Then I asked him to at least give me a picture proving the damage, and he said that wouldn't be right to ask his friend if he could take a picture of the card, after he gave it to him as a b-day gift. Then, he opens a case with eBay because I wouldn't give him a partial refund without proving the damage.

It was clear to me that he was trying to scam me, and ever since I will not give partial refunds unless it's a buyer I have dealt with before, that I know I can trust.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
MattinglyStash said:

I'm in a similar situation too but as the buyer. Card wasn't really what it was listed to be. I'm just curious as to what the logic is behind not refunding the S&H? In my case it's a completely different card, not I difference in opinion on condition. The seller wants me to return it and refund the card price only and I have to pay to return it. So im basically out the card and paid S&H twice. It's a small purchase that I'll just resell (less hassle) but he threw out the offer which got me to thinking why wouldn't I get the S&H back? At least the original S&H?

If the card was misrepresented, then the seller should refund the total cost including shipping and pay for you to ship the card back.
Depending on the price of the card, I would just refund everything and tell the buyer to keep the card. But if it was an expensive card, I would refund the return shipping to..

Members online

Latest posts