Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who's Your AL MVP?

AL MVP Will Be?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
lonesomeagle1 said:
Grandy

The pitchers have thier Cy Young. A position player should be the MVP.

i agree with this if one is deserving, not one position player stands
out at all to me. verlander just destroyed everyone, has to be him.
if granderson had gotten 10 more lousy hits, would have put him at 280
and he would be deserving. .262 just aint gonna work. ellsbury is to big a
piece of filthy garbage on a disgusting lets fold up tent team, and bautista
is on the jays, to bad. it will be verlander

JustinVerlander35

Nov 1, 2011
Detroit
AL MVP Announced Today

Who do you guys think will win?

I think Jose Bautista should win but with his team not making the playoffs that will ruin his chances like Miguel Cabrera in 2010. I am going with Justin Verlander because I am a homer.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
I think this will be pretty close. I could see four, maybe five guys getting first place votes (Verlander, Bautista, Granderson, Ellsbury, maybe Cabrera).

I really have no idea who will win. Bautista and Ellsbury are most deserving, in my opinion.

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
MVP should go to the Most Valuable Player for his team, and occasionally it's a guy playing every 5 days who deserved it.

Verlander is my pick.

JustinVerlander35

Nov 1, 2011
Detroit
sebpoo said:
MVP should go to the Most Valuable Player for his team, and occasionally it's a guy playing every 5 days who deserved it.

Verlander is my pick.

Technically Ellsbury is the Most Valuable Player to his team. His WAR was 9.1. I think Verlander will win though.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Pedro Martinez 1999: 23-4, 2.07 ERA, 5 complete games, 160 hits, 49 ER, 37 BB, 313 K's, 0.923 WHIP, 13.2 K/9.

Justin Verlander 2011: 24-5, 2.40 ERA, 4 complete games, 174 hits, 67 ER, 57 BB, 250 K's, 0.920 WHIP, 9.0 K/9.

Pedro was left completely off 1 ballot in 99. He was pitching in the "steroid era" against arguably the best hitting competition in history. There are people who wont vote for pitchers and if that's going to be the case, pitchers should not and will not win.

Ellsbury should win.

JustinVerlander35

Nov 1, 2011
Detroit
Justin+Verlander+New+York+Yankees+v+Detroit+msYZvSh9HHfl.jpg

24-5 (Lead the MLB in wins)
2.40 ERA (Lead the AL in ERA)
250 Stirke-outs (Lead the MLB)
251 Innings (Lead the MLB)
0.920 WHIP( Lead the MLB)

AL Triple-Crown Winner, first pitcher since Dennis Eckersley in 1992 to win the MVP and Cy Young. First starting pitcher since Roger Clemens in 1986 to win AL MVP and Cy Young.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Stoked for Verlander, had an outstanding year and won games when the Tigers needed them the most.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Michael Young received a first place vote. That's bonkers.

Bautista received one 9th and Ellsbury one 10th.

I'd love to read the arguments of those writers. Just insanity.

Congrats to Verlander. Don't think he necessarily deserved it but it's far from outlandish.

Members online

Latest posts