Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The statue for AA has been put on hold....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
The Jays traded lefty Brad Mills to the Halos for Jeff Mathis. :evil:
Mathis is probably the worst player in the bigs. I feel like I just stepped on a turd.

This must be the secret clause in the Vernon Wells trade from last year where the Jays agree to pick up Mathis.

I really hope AA has other plans for Mathis otherwise I am really praying that JPA doesn't get injured (or take a day off).

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Yeah, not a fan of picking up Mathis. Couldn't care less about dealing Mills, obviously.

At least Mathis's job will be to catch 20 games or so. This won't be a Scoscia situation. And even though the Jays didn't have a backup prior to this, I'd rather virtually anyone else. I just hope Mathis doesn't become someone's personal catcher.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
How does a guy with a sub-0.200 lifetime batting average and is avg at best defensively keep collecting a big league cheque?

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
my guess is AA was looking for a way to clear a spot on the 40 man roster. Mills is nearly out of options and Mathis could possibly be non-tendered.

Members online

Latest posts