Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HOF autos #223 and 224 for my PC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
It's been a while since I added any autos to my collection. To add two in a couple of days is rather enjoyable.

First, this player needs no introduction at the moment. The quick story: my in-laws bought a house in upstate NY this year, and we went there for Thanksgiving. I was happy to find that it is an hour from Cooperstown, and even happier when my wife told me to take a day to myself on the Tuesday of Thanksgiving week. I perused the shops and ending up buying a couple of books and this card on the possibility that he got in on the Veteran's committee. I may have slightly overpaid at 30 bucks, but buying it in Cooperstown was worth it. I like the very clean design and auto on this card and am happy to put it into the PC as HOF auto #223 (sorry for the tilted scan)

Santo.jpg

And for the bigger one: I have been slowly saving money and looking for an interesting piece to add to my collection. At this point, I hesitate to go after plain cuts, but looking for unique items is a double-edged sword in terms of price when looking at these autos. I was happy to see this item in the last Legendary auction and snagged it for 950 total. It's a player transfer for Neal Brady from the Yankees to the Toledo Mudhens, dated from the beginning of the 1919 season. It is signed by Jacob Ruppert and, more importantly, HOFer Roger Bresnahan.

Bresnahan played all nine positions, but is most known as Christy Mathewson's battery mate. He was one of the few catchers in the turn-of-the-century era to bat leadoff, and he revolutionized catcher's gear by padding his mask and being the first to wear shinguards. He was born in Toledo and returned there to purchase the Mud Hens, which is why he signed this document. He was put into the Hall by Veteran's Committee in 1945. This is auto #224 for my PC.

Scan45.jpg

Bresnahan.jpg

Scan38.jpg

Thanks for looking!

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Wowza Wayne!! :eek:

Love the Bresnahan- I still stick to index cards/GPCs but that is a neat item. Having Ruppert on this from 1919 (the year he acquired Ruth from the Sox) is pretty cool as well.

Congrats!!

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
Absolutely fantastic!! That is a great piece!!

It makes me depressed because I am not even halfway to your total!! But I have several on the way to get me closer. :D

Members online

Latest posts