Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Made to order? I think not

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I thought Topps make products Made to Order, as they print what people order. I guess not.

Just got this email for 2012 Topps Tribute

Just an early FYI for everyone who prebooked Topps Tribute BB: our number from
Topps was significantly less than we requested and we are looking at being able to
fill about 50% of your requests. We will be working the numbers over the next
couple days and emailing out your final allocations as soon as they are complete.
Thanks.

swanssy

Apr 1, 2010
Just one of their favorite ways to artificially create a frenzy of demand. They did this with Marquee also, but people quickly realized the product wasn't worth the inflated prices.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Kudos to Topps for not flooding the market- this translates into not watering down a great product like tribute. It also translates into Topps selling much less product than it could, for all the Critics. hTA stores were not cut, only distributors. It's my belief that when they do water down products, distributors get the brunt of the lame stuff anyway. So in this case your allocation may be cut but the product you receive will probably be of higher yield. So be happy and give Topps the credit it deserves for this kind of move.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
allstars said:
Kudos to Topps for not flooding the market- this translates into not watering down a great product like tribute. It also translates into Topps selling much less product than it could, for all the Critics. hTA stores were not cut, only distributors. It's my belief that when they do water down products, distributors get the brunt of the lame stuff anyway. So in this case your allocation may be cut but the product you receive will probably be of higher yield. So be happy and give Topps the credit it deserves for this kind of move.

Take it from me, when a production run gets cut Topps doesn't give more or less **** to the HTA stores.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
They claim the production was cut, but there will be plenty of Alexi Ogando auto relics /499 for everyone. I'm not falling for it.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
All In Cards said:
rico08 said:
[quote="All In Cards":3db600f1]HTAs get 1 case? If that

I still show the 2 I ordered directly from Topps...I guess we'll see though.

Is that 2 4's or 2 8's[/quote:3db600f1]

Two 8ct cases. I actually wanted more; all of my allocations have been inching up across the board lately.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
rico08 said:
All In Cards said:
rico08 said:
[quote="All In Cards":294w84wo]HTAs get 1 case? If that

I still show the 2 I ordered directly from Topps...I guess we'll see though.

Is that 2 4's or 2 8's

Two 8ct cases. I actually wanted more; all of my allocations have been inching up across the board lately.[/quote:294w84wo]

I ordered 4 8ct cases. I've never gotten an order cut in 20 years of buying direct from Topps.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
allstars said:
A great product? Several hundred dollars for a bunch of sticker autos and an occasional HOFer does not a great product make.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
ChasHawk said:
allstars said:
A great product? Several hundred dollars for a bunch of sticker autos and an occasional HOFer does not a great product make.
It looks like they have went on card this year.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
hofmichael said:
ChasHawk said:
allstars said:
Some...

Stars_Kemp1.jpg

Stars_Jackson.jpg

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
ChasHawk said:
hofmichael said:
ChasHawk said:
allstars said:
Some...

Stars_Kemp1.jpg

Stars_Jackson.jpg

So you're posting these cards as examples of how lame this product's going to be? They look pretty darn sweet to me. Can't keep everyone happy I guess...

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
allstars said:
ChasHawk said:
hofmichael said:
ChasHawk said:
allstars said:
Some...

Stars_Kemp1.jpg

Stars_Jackson.jpg

So you're posting these cards as examples of how lame this product's going to be? They look pretty darn sweet to me. Can't keep everyone happy I guess...
No smartass, I'm posting that they are sticker autos.

Members online

Latest posts