Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Are the Cardinals ever going to introduce Beltran?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Haven't heard any news on this.

There's been no formal announcement or press conference at Busch Stadium, or what jersey number he will wear.

Usually doesn't take this long.

Haven't heard anything on his physicals either.

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
I read an article saying that there would be no formal press conference, and his first public appearance will most likely be Winter Warm-Up.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Ryan The Orange said:
I read an article saying that there would be no formal press conference, and his first public appearance will most likely be Winter Warm-Up.

Goold just tweeted me and that's the case.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Sam Banks said:
ThoseBackPages said:

F Edmonds

I doubt the newly re-upped Furcal's going to give up 15, after swiping it from Jon Jay when he came to town.

Maybe 36?!

I read somewhere that the team policy is to allow the player with the most MLB service select his number, Furcal will likely be giving it up.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Neither should be wading 15.....this is not to say that in the distant future people should not but for now 15 is stll Edmonds.

Take the cue from Holliday, he wore 15 to finish the season and then switched to 7.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
George_Calfas said:
Neither should be wading 15.....this is not to say that in the distant future people should not but for now 15 is stll Edmonds.

Take the cue from Holliday, he wore 15 to finish the season and then switched to 7.

I don't really believe than.

Someone was already wearing 7 when Matt came, then he took it after whoever that was left I believe.

I don't think 15 will be retired for Edmonds.

I don't think they should wait to give 5 away again either.

Nobody cares that 27 was given away after Scotty left town

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
Not really something they want to brag about

Hey guys we lost Albert but we got Carlos......ah nevermind

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
ahill1 said:
Not really something they want to brag about

Hey guys we lost Albert but we got Carlos......ah nevermind

The fans seem excited about. Everyone's including the 'if healthy' tagline though, haha. I know I am.

But he's one of the bigger free agents on the market this off season, I figured they'd want to do something. But I guess with it happening at Christmas, wasn't a good time to have everyone come to St. Louis.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
George_Calfas said:
Edmonds>Rolen. They will not retire 15 for Edmonds, not the point, fact that he is still around is.

Fact that he said 'F*ck St. Louis, I'm done with the Cardinals' is enough reason to not care if someone wears his number while he's still around.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts