Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How rare are the Hosmer and Lawrie Bowman Chrome SP Autos?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
There's less than 10 in completeds/live combined for all three (Ackley, Hosmer and Lawrie) - I'd venture to say there's more than 50, but less than 200.

gomatt

Oct 1, 2008
From what I've seen of completed/active auctions/case breaks, that less than 200 figure seems accurate. If Lawrie plays well, that card is going to worth a TON.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
GAbballplayer148 said:
There's less than 10 in completeds/live combined for all three (Ackley, Hosmer and Lawrie) - I'd venture to say there's more than 50, but less than 200.

I'm not saying you are incorrect but I would like to point out that Topps mass produced Chrome again this year and a lot has not been ripped due to the lack of value outside the top 5 of the 40 autos. Also, with 2 of those 3 guys being redemptions, (Hosmer- fulfilled, Lawrie- unfulfilled) I think this construes the numbers based on the amount of cards in limbo.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
aaron41984 said:
GAbballplayer148 said:

I'm not saying you are incorrect but I would like to point out that Topps mass produced Chrome again this year and a lot has not been ripped due to the lack of value outside the top 5 of the 40 autos. Also, with 2 of those 3 guys being redemptions, (Hosmer- fulfilled, Lawrie- unfulfilled) I think this construes the numbers based on the amount of cards in limbo.

I'd agree that using completed auctions to base a number on is not wholly accurate, but as someone who broke 20 cases, I pulled 1 Lawrie auto, 0 Turner, 0 Hosmer. Those things are freaking rare.

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
I got my hosmer in! im holding. If i was a betting man, i would say 500 is closer to the total number produced. Base+ref+colors....

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
aaron41984 said:
GAbballplayer148 said:

I'm sure it does make a difference, and completed listings from two weeks worth of data is definitely not represent of an entire print run of a card. I have been looking at completed's of these since the product came out though, and at any point there are never more than 3-4 live at the same time.

50-200 may be a little on the low side, but I would still bet that Topps short printed the hell out of these.

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
since they are so shortprinted does grading the base auto cards make sense? on a side note, my friend and i each busted one case. I got a Hosmer, and he got a Lawrie.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
Well seeing that there hasn't been a SINGLE refractor auto redemption on Ebay I'd say Lawrie is super SP. Seen numerous base, blues, few golds, even less oranges and maybe one red if I remember correctly. I've heard speculation of less than 750 total for him atleast. Looks like could be less. Has anyone seen a Hosmer refractor live or redemption? Blue and up would equal 231 cards plus base. No refractors cuts run by 500 right off the top. We'll see, but the lack of live Lawrie's has driven the prices up on his base and parallels. Last time I asked Topps on twitter the response was "we're working on it".

~AJ

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
ajbraves25 said:
Well seeing that there hasn't been a SINGLE refractor auto redemption on Ebay I'd say Lawrie is super SP. Seen numerous base, blues, few golds, even less oranges and maybe one red if I remember correctly. I've heard speculation of less than 750 total for him atleast. Looks like could be less. Has anyone seen a Hosmer refractor live or redemption? Blue and up would equal 231 cards plus base. No refractors cuts run by 500 right off the top. We'll see, but the lack of live Lawrie's has driven the prices up on his base and parallels. Last time I asked Topps on twitter the response was "we're working on it".

~AJ

I'm pretty sure they just made base, blue, gold, orange, red, super on these and no base refractors.

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
Out of curiosity, if a card is 'short-printed', and still part of a parallel set that is numbered out of a certain amount (Blues out of 150, for example), does this mean that Lawrie Blues are numbered out of less? Or just that they are numbered out of 150, but it is assumed that there are fewer of them? Would Topps number a card /150 of which there are fewer than 150? (leaving aside any snide comments about Topps, please).

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
Question I sent today: @toppscards @ToppsSupport Any updates on Brett Lawrie Chrome redemptions? What about possible total print run? Less than 500-750 total? -- tonyjackson78 (@tonyjackson78)

Response just a minute ago: @tonyjackson78 @ToppsSupport working on it, we don't release print run info. -- toppscards (@toppscards)

I also asked Lawrie & Hosmer: @blawrie13 @Hos3KC wondering if you could shed some light for ur fans about how many 2011 Bowman Chrome cards you signed approximately? If had guess -- tonyjackson78 (@tonyjackson78)

Guess we'll see if I get a response for either. Will update this post if I get anything.

~AJ

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
If you happen to get a response from either player, I sincerely doubt either one recalls how many. They have much more important things to think about.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
Jaypers said:
If you happen to get a response from either player, I sincerely doubt either one recalls how many. They have much more important things to think about.

Of course they do, but always worth a shot. Who knows. We'll see if either even respond.

~AJ

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
I would be willing to bet someone a shiny nickel that if you asked most players about how many they signed, all they'd say would be 'too many'.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
Man curiosity had me go check on the Eric Hosmer BC Autos and there is only one LIVE auction, and like 3 or 4 Buy It Now or Fixed Priced Listings with Best Offers. Man these must be short. My guess is under 200 for each Hosmer and Lawrie. Funny how the refractors will probably be same print run as the regular.

Members online

Latest posts