Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Starling Marte

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jedi500

Jan 2, 2009
If he makes it to the majors does he take over CF for the Pirates or Moved to a corner?

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
striderboi said:
How good is he? I have its Draft 1/1 MLB logo patch...wondering if i should hold onto it or sell it soon...

He is good but he still needs improvement on his contact rate and his bb/k ratio. In Pirate prospect blog circles he is getting a mixed view. Some love his upside and see him as developing power and being even a better defender than McCutchen. Others are afraid he will be a strike out machine in the majors.

One thing you also have to be warry is that the Pirates have very little in terms of OF or IF prospects. This makes Marte seem much better by comparison because he has virtually zero players in the organization that are close to him right now at his level or higher.

In another organization deeper in OF prospects I feel he wouldn't be as touted and ranked nearly as high as he is in Pirates organization.

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
From everything I've read it sounds like McCutchen will move to a corner spot. Cutch is average to slightly above average with the glove where scouts praise Marte for already being a plus defender in CF with room to grow.

A future Josh Bell-Marte-Cutch outfield gives Pirates fans something exciting to look forward to.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts