Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A question about early 90's Factory Sealed MILB Team Sets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
Hey everybody. So I'm in the process of working out a deal for a bunch of different factory sealed early Yankee minor league teams sets from early 90's that include Posada. Some of them also have Pettitte as well and were made by either procards or classic/best.

I was just wondering if anyone has paid attention to values for items like these. In the deal I'm working on I will be purchasing the cards at about $10 per set and I was wondering if this was a decent price or not. There haven't been any examples recently and even Beckett doesn't have values for the single cards. Even the single cards don't come up often on ebay and I don't know whether that's because they aren't worth selling or because they are rare. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Since so many of the "prospects" from those years washed out, or just didn't live up to expectations, sets from that time are very easy to find for little money, and aren't very popular outside hardcore minor league collectors. There is a reason Portland Sportscards sells lots of 100 sets for $50 and less on eBay.

The only exceptions seem to be a few cards of Arod and Jeter.

Just before the Columbus Clippers changed affiliation from the Yankees, their online store was clearing out teamsets from 1990-2001 for something like $1 each, just to get rid of them. That's why all those Pettitte and Posada Clippers cards are so easy to get for cheap.

I'm not saying there is no money there, but it will likely take you a year or more to recoup your investment.

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
DaClyde said:
Since so many of the "prospects" from those years washed out, or just didn't live up to expectations, sets from that time are very easy to find for little money, and aren't very popular outside hardcore minor league collectors. There is a reason Portland Sportscards sells lots of 100 sets for $50 and less on eBay.

The only exceptions seem to be a few cards of Arod and Jeter.

Just before the Columbus Clippers changed affiliation from the Yankees, their online store was clearing out teamsets from 1990-2001 for something like $1 each, just to get rid of them. That's why all those Pettitte and Posada Clippers cards are so easy to get for cheap.

I'm not saying there is no money there, but it will likely take you a year or more to recoup your investment.

Thanks for the info. I'm not trying to make a profit on them. I'm just missing the Posada's from each set and thought it would be nice to own the entire factory sealed set. I don't see of the posada singles often so I figured they might be fairly rare. But from what you're saying it seems more of a case of them not being worth much as to why they don't show up on ebay too often, as opposed to rarity...

Also, the sets aren't just the clippers sets. There's only 1 94 clippers set in the lot. The rest are from 90-93 and include the oneonta yankees, greensboro hornets, and prince williams cannons. Does that make a difference?

Members online

Latest posts