Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA TOP 10 Royals from Print

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
TOP TEN
PROSPECTS
1. Mike Montgomery
2. Bubba Starling
3. Wil myers
4. Jake Odorizzi
5. Cheslor Cuthbert
6. John Lamb
7. Kelvin Herrera
8. Jason Adam
9. Chris Dwyer
10. Yordano Ventura

BEST
TOOLS
Best Hitter for Average Wil Myers
Best Power Hitter Bubba Starling
Best Strike Zone Discipline Wil Myers
Fastest Baserunner Terrance Gore
Best Athlete Bubba Starling
Best Fastball Yordano Ventura
Best Curveball Chris Dwyer
Best Slider Kevin Chapman
Best Change-up Mike Montgomery
Best Control Greg Billo
Best Defensive Catcher Manny Pina
Best Defensive Infielder Humberto Arteaga
Best Infield Arm Cheslor Cuthbert
Best Defensive OF Jarrod Dyson
Best Outfield Arm Brett Eibner

PROJECTED 2015
LINEUP
Catcher Salvador Perez
First Base Hosmer
Second Base Giovatella
Third Base Moustakas
Shortstop Alcides Escobar
Left Field Wil Myers
Center Field Bubba Starling
Right Field Alex Gordon
Designated Hitter Billy Butler
No. 1 Starter Montgomery
No. 2 Starter Duffy
No. 3 Starter Odorizzi
No. 4 Starter Lamb
No. 5 Starter Hochevar
Closer Soria

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Wow. REALLY shocked to see Montgomery over Starling and Myers and probably Odorizzi too. I wonder where Lamb would have fallen had he not gone all Tommy John on us

imac220

Aug 14, 2008
Central PA
Keyser Soze said:
Wow. REALLY shocked to see Montgomery over Starling and Myers and probably Odorizzi too. I wonder where Lamb would have fallen had he not gone all Tommy John on us

My thoughts exactly...Montgomery is very high IMO

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
That's the most shocking choice for #1 on all of BA's top 10 lists this year thus far, bar none.

Monty struggled throughout most of the season, whereas every list I've read had Starling as #1, thanks to his sky-high ceiling. I had Montgomery at #5 on my own list.

And I figured we'd see Elier Hernandez somewhere on that list.

J.J. Cooper is going for shock value this year.

Pastretta

Aug 27, 2008
Arizona
Go Will!

WilMyersBall.jpg

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Pump and dump. Maybe some of us can unload some Monty stuff this week.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery doesn't have the control to be a 1 or 2. He is a 3 at best, most overrated prospect in baseball.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I'm surprised Myers wasn't #1 after TOTALLY REDEEMING HIMSELF in the AFL. I thought Starling and Myers would be #1 and #2 in some order. Montgomery at #1 makes no sense to me after an extremely disappointing season.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
I'm surprised Myers wasn't #1 after TOTALLY REDEEMING HIMSELF in the AFL.

AFL stats mean next-to-nothing. His regular season was basically lost, after his knee injury.

Wes

OG
Administrator
Myers would be my #1 with Montgomery #2. Both have high ceilings and while it's debatable if they are higher than Starlings, both have shown MUCH more to this point. Myers is just 20 months older than Starling and played through nagging injuries all year. All three are good prospects.

yclipper21

Feb 14, 2010
mwashuc06 said:
Montgomery doesn't have the control to be a 1 or 2. He is a 3 at best, most overrated prospect in baseball.

Thought last week Banuelos was the most overrated prospect in baseball. ;)

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Wes said:
Myers would be my #1 with Montgomery #2. Both have high ceilings and while it's debatable if they are higher than Starlings, both have shown MUCH more to this point. Myers is just 20 months older than Starling and played through nagging injuries all year. All three are good prospects.
I would agree with Myers #1, and IMO Starling and Montgomery are interchangeable at #2 and #3. It depends on how much you factor in potential when it comes to Monty and Bubba. Myers was on the same track as Trout since being drafted-started his first full year in the MWL, then moved to Hi A to finish his first full season. Then, began his 2nd full season in AA-that is very rare for kids taken out of high school. Myers is still on schedule, or perhaps a bit ahead of schedule, compared to most kids drafted out of HS in his class.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
mwashuc06 said:
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but scouts sure don't agree with you. He was 21 for the first few months of 2011, and until 2011 had not experienced failure in professional ball. Before you even think of calling him overrated, you should wait to see how he does this year. I think he'll be just fine, personally.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Jaypers said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

AFL stats mean next-to-nothing. His regular season was basically lost, after his knee injury.

Agreed, who gives a crap about AFL stats? Only people that should care are the ones who are trying to dump cards. They mean NOTHING. I take regular season stats to heart, not 40 games of AFL.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I like where Myers ended up. I have been mindlessly picking him up for a year and a half. I wasn't paying too much attention to what I had. After I got my stolen cards back, I took stock of a bunch of stuff. Without really trying, I have 2 BGS 9.5 BC autos, a BGS 9, a REF auto and 8 base chrome autos.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
ballerskrip said:
Jaypers said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

Agreed, who gives a crap about AFL stats? Only people that should care are the ones who are trying to dump cards. They mean NOTHING. I take regular season stats to heart, not 40 games of AFL.
I think people who dismiss the AFL are being a bit close-minded. Sure, it is a nice place for hitters to be-but it doesn't mean you should throw the stats out because of it. Some of the same people saying the AFL doesn't matter are the same people who I have seen go gaga over 2 or 3 games during ST for a prospect.

Members online

Latest posts