Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Allen & Ginter Preview Images

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Did a quick search and didn't see these posted, which seems weird because topps tweeted them on Monday.

Aiu6ihPCMAATD2O.jpg
Aiu6vZ1CMAEguMc.jpg
Aiu6AfBCMAE_CPl.jpg

Much better design than last year for the base cards for sure. I like the auto and relic frame design as well,
but I could see set builders being pissed as it breaks the "Hawaiian theme they had been following.

I just hope there is someone on the auto or relic checklist that I would like a card of.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
ThoseBackPages said:
WAIT A MINUTE!!

are those MOCK-UP or actual cards? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

you BETTER put a disclaimer in your original posting!!!!
That's true. The real cards will probably have a seat relic in the Clemente... :lol:

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
Digging the base, not sure how I feel about the black frames though. Always love Ginter, cant wait till June/July.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
ThoseBackPages said:
WAIT A MINUTE!!

He better put a disclaimer in his signature.

Someone may purchase 2012 Allen & Ginter with the hopes of pulling the Maris, Williams, Nicholson, or Dawson.

There is no way of knowing that those cards are not real. I would be dissapointed if I broke 12 Cases trying to find one of those mega SP and found out they weren't real.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
Let's not get too excited, it is Topps afterall, I'm sure the Griffey and Clemente won't even be on the checklist when the product releases.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Not a fan at all of the framed cards. There is no reason to change the design after 5 years...

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Ginter is going with more of a 1920's - 1930's look rather than the late 1800's look they've gone with previously. I like the design, but it is a bit of a change in approach and it will be interesting to see if the inserts follow suit.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
I hope the Griffey auto isn't SSPed. I'd love to add one, but a LOT of collectors are going to be interested in those.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Pine Tar said:
[quote="Keyser Soze":300fzg69]They can't even get mockups right. How did Clemente wear a piece of wood?
What? You have never wore morning wood before? :shock:[/quote:300fzg69]

Figuratively? Yes. Literally? Not that I can recall.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
vwnut13 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
WAIT A MINUTE!!

He better put a disclaimer in his signature.

Someone may purchase 2012 Allen & Ginter with the hopes of pulling the Maris, Williams, Nicholson, or Dawson.

There is no way of knowing that those cards are not real. I would be dissapointed if I broke 12 Cases trying to find one of those mega SP and found out they weren't real.
I'm not topps, and my sig isn't a sell sheet... :)

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Slette said:
I hope the Griffey auto isn't SSPed. I'd love to add one, but a LOT of collectors are going to be interested in those.

If past years are any indication the Griffey will have a Print Run of 25 or 49.

Latest posts