Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Eric Thames gun show

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
I don't know that bulking up will help his defense. I hope that it does. For the number of AB's that he's had as a pro he has done very well. He would have to be very dense to use hgh or any other substance considering how often they are tested.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
aarne13 said:
I don't know that bulking up will help his defense. I hope that it does. For the number of AB's that he's had as a pro he has done very well. He would have to be very dense to use hgh or any other substance considering how often they are tested.

There's HUGE money to be made in performance-enhancing drugs, therefore, the makers will always be one step ahead of the testers. Producing is proactive, testing is reactive. A test cannot be created for drugs or masking agents that the testers are unaware even exist.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
brauny said:
I saw him at the AFL a few years back and he has transformed into a different person. HGH can do wonders.

1291855140749.jpg

Sawks fan should know.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Bulking up doesn't make him a better hitter. In fact, it might transform him into a different kind of hitter. Good or bad.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
aarne13 said:

How often does the MLB do testing during the offseason?

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
When I saw this thread a while back I wondered how Thames musculature affected his playing. Fast forward to this morning, I was reading the Blue Jays team report, and saw this bullet:

OF Eric Thames, who will compete with OF Travis Snider for the starting job in left field, spent the winter trying to improve his throwing. “It was just a case of me looking in the mirror and asking myself what I really need to work on so that I can leave no doubt and no regrets,” Thames said. “I actually used to throw harder in high school than I do now. As I got bigger, my arm got tighter so I didn’t have that whip. I’ve always been a little frustrated when you see a guy like (White Sox LHP) Chris Sale, just a little skinny guy who throws 100 (mph). If you look at pictures, you can see how far back behind his shoulder the ball is to get that whip effect. So that’s what I’ve been doing, trying to use those pitching mechanics to try get that whip effect. I’m seeing a huge difference in combination with those mechanics and by laying off my chest exercises. I haven’t done any chest work in about eight months because the tighter I get, I’m always pulling off the ball. Also, that tight chest affects my swing and it starts to get really long and my arms can’t get down where they need to be.”

Thanks for answering my questions, Mr. Thames

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
brauny said:
I saw him at the AFL a few years back and he has transformed into a different person. HGH can do wonders.
HGH alone would not do that. My uncle coached him in AA, I saw him a lot in street clothes and he was pretty jacked then as well.

Members online

Latest posts