Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Weirdest thing I have ever pulled....And a Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Ok, ripped some boxes today before going to see some customers.

anyone ever seen this before???? (note the serial #)

checklist.jpg

Also, pulled these among others. Any thoughts on a price for the o'neil

paulonielhope.jpg

bryanholadaygold.jpg

Boylen33

Jan 26, 2011
Alabama
You say "not the serial #".... are you saying it is weird b/c it's a serial #ed checklist? If so, they were inserted into that particular product. Ranks up there as one of the dumbest ideas Topps has ever had.

"Hey, let's make a serial #ed checklist!"

"Awesome! Great idea!"

Thanks Topps!

nbailey

Apr 2, 2010
I pulled one of the serial numbered checklist cards, too. I got a good laugh out of it.

The O'Neill Hope Diamond could sell for $10-$15 to the right set builder or player collector.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
nbailey said:
I pulled one of the serial numbered checklist cards, too. I got a good laugh out of it.

The O'Neill Hope Diamond could sell for $10-$15 to the right set builder or player collector.

I think I might have a shot a bit more than that. Just did some research and the legends go anywhere from $20 (banks) to $75 (koufax). Not bad! Thanks for your thoughts.

skrip

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Boylen33 said:
You say "not the serial #".... are you saying it is weird b/c it's a serial #ed checklist? If so, they were inserted into that particular product. Ranks up there as one of the dumbest ideas Topps has ever had.

"Hey, let's make a serial #ed checklist!"

"Awesome! Great idea!"

Thanks Topps!

I never knew that, how freaking weird!

BoatsN304s

Nov 3, 2011
Sold a Madison Bumgarner hope diamond for $20. It was so much more than expected I waved shipping costs.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Can someone explain to me what "Hope" Diamond means? Is that just the color shade of the parallel? Or is there more to it?

In regard to the numbered CL, not sure what Topps is trying to do. Seems completely idiotic to me...what did they expect to suddenly create a high demand for checklists? Jeez.

You better watch out next year skrip, if they keep this up you may be pulling a Red Refractor Checklist 1/1!!!!!!!!!!

nbailey

Apr 2, 2010
ballerskrip said:
nbailey said:

I think I might have a shot a bit more than that. Just did some research and the legends go anywhere from $20 (banks) to $75 (koufax). Not bad! Thanks for your thoughts.

skrip

Believe me, I hope (huh-huh get it) you have a good sale. I pulled an Ozzie Smith just yesterday and saw that his last one sold for $20 - that's why I figured O'Neill would get a bit less. As with all base set Topps cards, it just takes the right buyer.

All The Hype - these are serial numbered out of 60, relatively scarce for the amount of Topps set builders out there.

Members online

Latest posts