Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1991 Topps Stadium Club Promos?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I have heard that some 1991 TSC cards were issued as "oversized proofs" which have no foil and are slightly larger than the regular cards. John Olerud is on the checklist and I have one of these proofs.

I came across this auction for some sort of 1991 TSC "pre-production promos". [ebay:24di58zw]310371940293[/ebay:24di58zw] I asked the seller if these are slightly larger and thus would be be the "oversized proofs", but he said they are standard size. Has anyone heard of promo cards as described in this auction?

Thanks.

- Rod

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
They are more like "variations" than "promos" in my opinion. I've seen quite a few of them over the years. Most sellers just list them as NO GOLD variations, but the Clark I have is the same size as a normal card, just without the gold embossing.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
The actual "Pre Production Promo'" has the normal front with Jose Canseco pictured on the back. All players have the same Canseco back that I've seen, but those are something totally different than what that seller has.

535974632_o.jpg

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Probablt just missing gold foil.

My dawson promo is over sized & missing foil. Think its also blank backed.

Also have a clear "sample" pack w dar. Hamilton on front which I believe were sent to topps stock holders.

Members online

Latest posts