Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do grading low #'d veteran cards help with sales?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I just got a red refractor of Pujols #'d/25 in the mail today and it is FLAWLESS (probably means it would get an 8 :lol: )

Anyway, it got me thinking - even if it got a PSA or BGS 10 - would this help the sale at all? Let's assume it would normally go for $50, would a BGS 10 or PSA 10 double that price or more?

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
It potentially could, depending on the year and popularity of the set it was from. I watched a 1999 Bowman Chrome International Refractor PSA 10 of Pedro Martinez jump from $13 to $56 dollars in the final seconds last night:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220938558095?ss ... 1435.l2649

Granted that is because finding PSA 10's of International Refractors is very difficult (centering isssues), but I could see a situation where a Pujols card from a well collected set could jump up nicely in top condition, especially if a player and set collector battle it out.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Sean_C said:
It potentially could, depending on the year and popularity of the set it was from. I watched a 1999 Bowman Chrome International Refractor PSA 10 of Pedro Martinez jump from $13 to $56 dollars in the final seconds last night:

Granted that is because finding PSA 10's of International Refractors is very difficult (centering isssues), but I could see a situation where a Pujols card from a well collected set could jump up nicely in top condition, especially if a player and set collector battle it out.

It's from last year's Topps Chrome - the Chicle subset. Chicle isn't really popular and last years Topps Chrome was definitely not popular due to quality issues but there is nothing wrong with this card.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
I was one of the underbidders on that Pedro. the winner's ebay handle (I won't repeate verbatim) indicated they collect rare mint sets. very shocked to lose, thought I had set a foolishly high bid!

Sean_C said:

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Unsure on the warp but even a 9 will upgrade the value
and can sell for a decent profit on a Pujols swing trust me I am a
former Pujols collector

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
craiger122003 said:
I would take the risk and grade it

So you think getting a PSA 9 or a PSA 10 on a red refractor #'d/25 would increase its value by at least $20?

Members online

Latest posts