Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Welcome new sponsor Value My Cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lincecumpc

Jul 7, 2011
Definitely some valid concerns noted here, but any suggestions on players you'd like to see in our database are welcome. We felt like for what we had in there currently, we covered enough of the hottest players as we were classifying players. There is still much to add but it's a start. Our focus was mainly on things moving fastest on eBay and on various collecting boards, and for the most part, cards valued at $30+. From the cards you see in there it's a heavy emphasis on rookie year autos so eventually we'd like to add more HOF players and other hot non rookie year cards.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Definitely some valid concerns noted here, but any suggestions on players you'd like to see in our database are welcome. We felt like for what we had in there currently, we covered enough of the hottest players as we were classifying players. There is still much to add but it's a start. Our focus was mainly on things moving fastest on eBay and on various collecting boards, and for the most part, cards valued at $30+. From the cards you see in there it's a heavy emphasis on rookie year autos so eventually we'd like to add more HOF players and other hot non rookie year cards.

Best of luck with this but if you want to compete and get people to sign up, I hope your use of the word "eventual" is you are doing it right now at a feverish pace. People have an idea what "hot" players are selling for, its the rest that this tool will help.

lincecumpc

Jul 7, 2011
Best of luck with this but if you want to compete and get people to sign up, I hope your use of the word "eventual" is you are doing it right now at a feverish pace. People have an idea what "hot" players are selling for, its the rest that this tool will help.

If we could be all inclusive like Terapeak, we would, but we simply don't have the resources for that. For what it is, VMC is an alternative and may not be for everyone right now; we definitely understand that. But at the price Terapeak charges, it may be more than what a collector needs. As I stated earlier, we welcome any player/card suggestions to be added into the database.

lincecumpc

Jul 7, 2011
And just fyi, I am one of the four developers of VMC. Some of you may know me from Blowout and SCF but I look forward to meeting more collectors here on FCB.

diakonos

Apr 17, 2012

Hi there. Lincecumpc and I are both developers of the site. The both of us are just regular people who have 9-5 jobs who love to collect cards and have aspirations to help all collectors alike. I don't know about you but I'm tired of beckett's inflated & outdated prices and trade show people quoting outrageous prices. We believe this tool will help mitigate that as well as provide members many other benefits.

While we only show data for 33 players right now we actually have data for 85 players which include old stars like Kevin Youkilis to budding top prospects like Brett Jackson & Gary Sanchez. We are working at a feverish pace, but at the same time we want to hear from people like you to know who you are looking for so that our efforts don't go wasted. Please understand that in order to show everything in the organized fashion like we do (terapeak doesn't come close to the way we present the data) there is a lot of manual labor involved, but we hope people see our hard work doesn't go unnoticed.

diakonos

Apr 17, 2012
Only for 33 MLB players?

We currently have data for 85 players however we are only showing "classified" or "organized" data for 33 of them. There is a lot of manual labor involved with classifying the cards. We are developing a landing page where people can look through the "unclassified" data, while at the same time adding new players to the "classified" section.

Here is the list of players we have data for. If there is a player you don't see on the list that you would like to know about, please PM me or Reply to the thread who else you would like to see and we'll definitely update our list!

Albert Pujols
Andrew McCutchen
Anthony Rendon
Anthony Rizzo
Archie Bradley
Brandon Belt
Brett Anderson
Brett Jackson
Brett Lawrie
Brian McCann
Bryce Harper
Bubba Starling
Buster Posey
Carlos Gonzalez
CC Sabathia Topps
Clayton Kershaw
David Price
David Wright
Dayan Viciedo
Dee Gordon
Dellin Betances
Derek Holland
Dustin Ackley
Dustin Pedroia
Dylan Bundy
Eric Hosmer
Evan Longoria
Felix Hernandez
Francisco Lindor
Freddie Freeman
Gary Sanchez
Gerrit Cole
Grant Green
Hanley Ramirez
Ichiro Suzuki
Jackie Bradley Jr
Jacob Turner
Jacoby Ellsbury
Jameson Taillon
Jason Heyward
Javier Baez
Jesus Montero
Joe Mauer
Jon Lester
Jonathan Singleton
Jose Bautista
Josh Hamilton Topps
Julio Teheran
Jurickson Profar
Justin Upton
Justin Verlander
Kevin Youkilis
Kyle Gibson
Lonnie Chisenhall
Madison Bumgarner
Manny Banuelos
Manny Machado
Martin Perez
Matt Kemp
Matt Latos
Matt Moore
Matt Wieters
Michael Choice
Miguel Sano
Mike Moustakas
Mike (Giancarlo) Stanton
Mike Trout
Paul Goldschmidt
Prince Fielder
Robinson Cano
Roy Halladay
Ryan Braun
Ryan Howard
Shelby Miller
Sonny Gray
Starlin Castro
Stephen Strasburg
Tim Lincecum
Tommy Hanson
Trevor Bauer
Trevor Cahill
Troy Tulowitzki
Wil Myers
Zack Greinke

Last edited:

diakonos

Apr 17, 2012
Of course not, simply saying they have links to other sports card forums provided when following the above link. But it's not like we do not know they exist already so...

yes we are an "affiliate" with SCF and Hobbykings. Basically it means that we contacted their Mods to gain approval to advertise on their sites. I have been in contact with Chris regarding adding an FCB banner to our site, which we gladly would do and put it on TOP!

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Is this site basically the same idea as VCP or is it something different?

Thanks for the answer and welcome to FCB!

diakonos

Apr 17, 2012
Interesting concept. If they build a nice database I'll definitely consider it.

Hi there. Hope you see the concept of our site doing all the work for you. I'm sure you check ebay completed sales all the time. Our site not only has it organized for you but also visually shows you trends and has history beyond what ebay allows you to see. Terapeak is just an extension of ebay that is more expensive and doesn't organize the data for you at all. While we only show the organized data, we actually have data for about 85 Baseball players, 80 Basketball players and 100 Football players.

What does this service provide that Terapeak doesn't?

Hey Jason. What we provide is all of the data organized to give you a visual representation of what the market is currently doing. The visual historical data will allow you to figure who might be a good buy low candidate, who might be a good sell high candidate in the historical context for years to come.

THANKS AGAIN for the Kershaws!

lol, $6.99 a month? Anything other than free is way too much for that few of players. How many players from the other sports do they have?

Please see the above responses. I also provided the list of all the baseball players we have data for. If you have anymore suggestions please feel free to let us know and we will put it on our list of new players to grab data for.

So does FCB get a similar front page link from them? I think I'll wait until they have a bigger database before wasting a one month free trial.

Yes FCB would get a banner on the front page however FCB has not provided us one yet. I have asked them several times already.

I think I'll wait until they have a bigger database before wasting a one month free trial.
Same here.

I sincerely hope you don't think a 1 month free trial is a waste. We are providing our service for free. All you need to sign up is a email and your name. We are NOT taking any payment information down. NO STRINGS ATTACHED.

Like I've mentioned previously we have more data than what is currently shown. We are regular collectors like you, we have 9-5 jobs, families and other responsibilities like everyone else. I hope that you do take the 15 seconds to sign up and check out our site and see how it can be beneficial to your collection when people misquote you prices when you are trying to buy/sell/trade. We WELCOME any constructive criticism that anyone has to offer to make the site better for EVERYONE's benefit.

A_Pharis

By no means do I consider it a waste in the sense that using the site is a waste. If I want to use the one month free service, though, I would maybe like to wai tuntil it's a little more populated with data. I think this is a great service!

diakonos

Apr 17, 2012
By no means do I consider it a waste in the sense that using the site is a waste. If I want to use the one month free service, though, I would maybe like to wai tuntil it's a little more populated with data. I think this is a great service!

Totally understand what you're getting at. We will tweet and post our updates on Twitter and Facebook.

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! https://www.facebook.com/pages/ValueMyCards/186524074744558

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER! https://twitter.com/#!/valuemycards

Last edited:

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Sorry, but what is VCP?

And thanks!

[h=3]VintageCardPrices.com[/h]
I think they keep track of all Ebay and auction house sales of PSA/SGC graded cards (Not 100% sure if they have brand new (modern) cards on there). Its a good tool to use if your in the market for a graded card. Tells you all the sales for the past several years of a specific graded card in all grades.

diakonos

Apr 17, 2012
[h=3]VintageCardPrices.com[/h]
I think they keep track of all Ebay and auction house sales of PSA/SGC graded cards (Not 100% sure if they have brand new (modern) cards on there). Its a good tool to use if your in the market for a graded card. Tells you all the sales for the past several years of a specific graded card in all grades.

Yes we know about them. 1) the primarily do vintage cards while we do modern cards. 2) PSA is the not only card grading service or even the most well known card grading service for Modern cards. I believe BGS is top dog when it comes to graded cards. While a person can say PSA 10 = BGS 9.5 price a person would rather compare a BGS 9.5 to a BGS 9.5 which is in our data versus only comparing PSA cards. 3) I believe we organize the data better and provide better historical context.

Also are you gonna expand into Hockey at any time?

YES. We were debating if we were going to do hockey in our initial roll out, however we saw the importance of establishing ourselves first in the 3 major sports before getting into hockey. As you can see by the many comments there is a lot of interest in baseball, basketball and football.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
So how far back is the data you are extracting?

I heard of a company that will be using EBAY data for their database that will go back at least 10 years..

Welcome to FCB..

(I can't access your site do to the strict filters they have here at work.. so I will check when I get home..)

Latest posts