Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1989 Topps Heads Up Griffey Jr. Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Liberate Baltimore

Jun 2, 2009
Columbia, Maryland
Hello,

Just picked up a near set of 1989 Topps Heads Up Test Issue (1989 copywright) singles including a Griffey Jr. Never see any sales for this set and an advanced Griffey Jr. collector offered me $350 for this card and a wrapper. Displays minimal wrinking around the suction cup and pint-sized paper loss/flecking on the front and back. By far the toughest mainstream Griffey Jr. rookie with only a handful in existense. Am I leaving money on the table or should I take the money? Appreciate it!

James

Attachments

• headsupgriffey.jpg
    headsupgriffey.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 19
  • headsupgriffeyback.jpg
    headsupgriffeyback.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 25

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Hello,

Just picked up a near set of 1989 Topps Heads Up Test Issue (1989 copywright) singles including a Griffey Jr. Never see any sales for this set and an advanced Griffey Jr. collector offered me $350 for this card and a wrapper. Displays minimal wrinking around the suction cup and pint-sized paper loss/flecking on the front and back. By far the toughest mainstream Griffey Jr. rookie with only a handful in existense. Am I leaving money on the table or should I take the money? Appreciate it!

James

First of all, sweet pick ups! I still need the Gwynn, so I'll shoot you a PM. However, would we really call this a "mainstream" rookie...?

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
depends on what all you have invested in the set, 350 isnt too bad but prolly could get a bit more id think

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
I am surprised that nobody has taken a 1990 version and changed the date to 1989 to make it a counterfeit. Are there any differences in the font on the backs of a 1989 vs 1990?

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I am surprised that nobody has taken a 1990 version and changed the date to 1989 to make it a counterfeit. Are there any differences in the font on the backs of a 1989 vs 1990?
headsupf.jpg

headsupb-1.jpg

test looks a bit whiter, but might just be age, also I think the packages on the tests differ
P.S. Thanks Roy ;)

Members online

Latest posts