Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I just noticed while checking out completed listings that a 98 Gold Label Red Label /25 Burnitz ended at around $45 and change. No wonder I never received notification, my snipe never even registered lol. Anyone follow these closely? I think I've only seen one other Burnitz red label listed but as a collector of his I was a bit surprised by the price despite being some of the nicest cards produced

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
There is at least one Red Label set collector out there. I met him because he was the 2nd highest bidder when my Juan Gone Race to Aaron sold for $140ish. He came in 2nd because there was another guy going for the Red Label Race to Aaron set.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
There is at least one Red Label set collector out there. I met him because he was the 2nd highest bidder when my Juan Gone Race to Aaron sold for $140ish. He came in 2nd because there was another guy going for the Red Label Race to Aaron set.

Interesting and definitely a killer for player collectors. I've only seen one Belle Red Label Race to Aaron and I didn't even chase it because I knew it'd go for bank. Sold for like $150 or something. Not right time or place for me but I knew these would be a hot commodity :(

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Do the Race to Aaron ones tend to go higher than base of the same stars? Gold Labels are really nice cards but as far as parallels its not a significant difference to the base cards so the price difference is all the more jarring imo

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
100% agree you can get more. I hit the BIN on the $149 BIN and was immediately contacted by someone who would have been willing to pay up to $300

I was thinking more. I saw one sold for $149 BIN with only 2 views so that's why I was wondering about a fair price.

cubuffs13

Mar 24, 2010
Provo, UT
Finally finished off the 98 legacys with these two. Need two more for 99 and all for 97.

legacy1.jpg

legacy3.jpg

other mail
spx.jpg

platmed.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
These guys say they just bought 52 million cards

(700) KEN CAMINITI HUGE BASEBALL CARD LOT COLLECTION

Saw these guys (similar Belle lot) and I hate these type of auctions. Honest but terrible description... example used is no more than 10% of cards can be a double of a single card and that would equate to a 700 card lot have at least 10 cards ::facepalm::. I'm sorry but this doesn't make me want to roll the dice. Not to mentionit's probably all junk (no?)... what are the honest odds of anything worth a fair dollar being in there? Odds a HUGE card or '90s insert (ie red crusade) is just sitting in one of those lots... I don't know, sorry for my rant but just not a fan of these type of auctions.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Saw these guys (similar Belle lot) and I hate these type of auctions. Honest but terrible description... example used is no more than 10% of cards can be a double of a single card and that would equate to a 700 card lot have at least 10 cards ::facepalm::. I'm sorry but this doesn't make me want to roll the dice. Not to mentionit's probably all junk (no?)... what are the honest odds of anything worth a fair dollar being in there? Odds a HUGE card or '90s insert (ie red crusade) is just sitting in one of those lots... I don't know, sorry for my rant but just not a fan of these type of auctions.

Agreed; but if you were to buy a 700ct lot for $50 you are into each card at what $.07. You might get nothing that you need but this is low risk high reward.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Agreed; but if you were to buy a 700ct lot for $50 you are into each card at what $.07. You might get nothing that you need but this is low risk high reward.

This is very true. I also suppose if you didn't have a large player collection or a large % of cards outstanding, this would be a good jump start. I will admit I have nearly 5,000 Belle doubles (had 8,000 or so) from buying lots like this years ago. I did find some rarer stuff in some of them and cards I needed but in general it was all junk. It was also back when I had nearly 50% of Belle's cards.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
This guy has been discussed before, I thought maybe a member or 2 had purchased something but I could be wrong. Good if you need to cross a bunch of base cards off your list I suppose but probably not worth much more otherwise and you do run the risk of getting 100 of the same 90s base card

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I would rather hit up sportlots. I did buy a lot of Rusty kinda sorta similar to this once, but there was much more guaranteed variety and it even came with a list of all the cards. It just about filled up every single one of my base wants, but there were no rares or oddballs or anything like that.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I would rather hit up sportlots. I did buy a lot of Rusty kinda sorta similar to this once, but there was much more guaranteed variety and it even came with a list of all the cards. It just about filled up every single one of my base wants, but there were no rares or oddballs or anything like that.

Hmm I didn't know sportlots sold "lots" of players, etc. That's interesting. That site in general needs a face lift IMO

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
14 cents a card for Caminiti is insane,unless they were all inserts. Even then. I got a lot about a year ago of Juan like that for 4 cents a card and not even one insert or parallel. I was not very happy. Not the same seller.

Members online

Latest posts