Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Frank Thomas collectors thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I have the domain BigHurtHOF.com, I need to get a finished product up. After my host was attacked and bombed with spam, I never put anything back up.

pootshwan

Jan 26, 2010
Connecticut
I have the domain BigHurtHOF.com, I need to get a finished product up. After my host was attacked and bombed with spam, I never put anything back up.
Ross, let us know when you get the site back up! I'd love to check out your stuff.

http://www.thepclist.com//players/index.php?p=72

The framework is there for a database, and adding cards/pictures is easy if you guys wanted to start expanding. We've been working on the McGwire section over the past year or two.
I signed up there awhile ago, but never figured out how to upload scans.

Dec 10, 2008
I signed up there awhile ago, but never figured out how to upload scans.

Joe (onionring9) has to set up each account to be able to upload pictures and add to the database. Just shoot him a quick message and he could get all you guys going. I know he's busy with a new baby but he'll take care of you guys once he gets a chance I'm sure.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
This months Insert pickups...

1999 Fleer Brilliants Gold /99

1999 Finest Gold Refractor /100

1998 Topps Stars Silver Lumanaries /75

Kinda bummed you bought some of these from Burbank :mrgreen: I've had my eye on them for quite awhile and never pulled the trigger. Also bummed because it kinda marks the point where Burbank ran out of some of their coolest Super Sweet 90's cards of Frank that were reasonably priced, and in some cases, under market value. When I came back to the hobby two years ago, there were surprisingly quite a few on there. I got my Starquest Home Run from them for $80 and have never regretted it. But now... it's a wasteland :rolleyes: I wonder how many of us have eyed that Mystery Numbers Emerald they have. But $225... OUCH!

rehmus

Mar 10, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Anyone have the original Frank Thomas Corinthian Headliner (single action figure, not in a set - green cardboard backing, not light blue)? Came out around 96 or 97? I once owned one, I might still have it but I can't find it and it's driving me insane.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
This guy selling his Frank collection on ebay right now is a nut. First, I message him to try to work some deals. He praises me as a "real collector" for trying to deal outside of ebay. Then he backs out and lists everything on ebay. He prices everything so high, that the only things he can seem to sell are the items that he totally misjudges like the Cooperstown dufex for $10, the Fan Club Fantasy Team Die Cut for $10, and the Ticket Masters Die Cut #'d to 35 for just $20. I picked up his Crusade Green, but it looks like that's all I'm going to extract...

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Yeah he's shifty, I've missed a few cards I really wanted... the dufex was a great steal for someone, but so was an EX Destination Cooperstown for $35, someone hit the bid on a Clearly Dominant before I could hit the $35 BIN. Seems a bit flaky though when we talk, so I just gave up and have tried to catch his auctions...but he's not predictable as to when he lists them so I keep missing what I wanted.

rikakris

Sep 5, 2009
This guy selling his Frank collection on ebay right now is a nut. First, I message him to try to work some deals. He praises me as a "real collector" for trying to deal outside of ebay. Then he backs out and lists everything on ebay. He prices everything so high, that the only things he can seem to sell are the items that he totally misjudges like the Cooperstown dufex for $10, the Fan Club Fantasy Team Die Cut for $10, and the Ticket Masters Die Cut #'d to 35 for just $20. I picked up his Crusade Green, but it looks like that's all I'm going to extract...

I had a similar experience with him. I contacted him about his cards and he told me he would like to deal off eBay if I would send him my want list. I did, but have not heard back from him. It has been 4 days. He claims to have virtually every card of Frank's from 1987-2001. However, none of the cards he has listed since were on my want list.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Did anyone here win the PSA 10 '92 DK super?

To the group at large, what were your thoughts on the $1775 final price? More than you expected, just about right?

randyherth

Sep 10, 2008
John's Creek, GA
Did anyone here win the PSA 10 '92 DK super?

To the group at large, what were your thoughts on the $1775 final price? More than you expected, just about right?

I was half expecting it to go for near $3k, but couldn't justify spending more than $1,500 on a second one. Looks like the winner was PX23 who already owns one.

Members online