Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Announcement about new card company tonight at boomosbreaks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
I bought the pete rose ticket and nolan ryan 16 x 20 off they guy who won them in the break, and redeemed them thursday night,
and just got a tracking # from fed ex for 2 day delivery to arrive on tuesday. So, ill post pics when they arrive

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
ITG is a top tier hockey brand no doubt but their roots in baseball are almost nonexistant and without any kind of license it'll stay that way.

Leaf does well because of its hobby heritage. If they didnt have that they'd be lumped into the same category.

Yeah i was disappointed with ITG's entrance to the baseball field. They didn't do anything special with a focus on baseball history in Canada, or a subset of current Cdn prospects or something at least.

Again, the lack of certain licenses would have hindered such projects.

Why bother then? :confused:

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
I think the biggest reason that ITG failed was because the only decent design in the entire product was ripped off from Upper Deck.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
I think the biggest reason that ITG failed was because the only decent design in the entire product was ripped off from Upper Deck.

No. It failed because it lacked the MLB license. You cannot make an unlicensed card with airbrushed uniforms that is as eye appealing as a licensed card. It simply is not possible. Doesn't matter how nice the card design and quality are.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
No. It failed because it lacked the MLB license. You cannot make an unlicensed card with airbrushed uniforms that is as eye appealing as a licensed card. It simply is not possible. Doesn't matter how nice the card design and quality are.
For what it's worth -- and I don't care much for Leaf's Metal or Valiant design but the Leaf product as well as some Just and Tristar over the years have looked signifcantly better than the ITG product. TOo many variables and subsets. Again, the Leaf auto products have remained base plus numerous parallels. That works. ITG had multiple pictures, a hideous design "cut" autographs (cuts of 18-22 year olds, seriously? Worst. Idea. Ever.), non serialized SPs, poor distribution, high prices, no history in the baseball hobby, an overly pompous and confrontational owner (hmmmmm...) -- everything that ITG could do wrong, they seemed to do so. The product was an abortion.

Last edited:

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
As an aside, have there been any more breaks of HOS since Boomo's first batch and Beckett's?

The Beckett video showed - and really, kudos to them and jeers to Boomo and the company for not calling out the point issues. If these points are redeemable (or highest one wins, whatever), the 10k point stickers attached to cheap cards have more value than we previously thought.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
As an aside, have there been any more breaks of HOS since Boomo's first batch and Beckett's?

The Beckett video showed - and really, kudos to them and jeers to Boomo and the company for not calling out the point issues. If these points are redeemable (or highest one wins, whatever), the 10k point stickers attached to cheap cards have more value than we previously thought.

They may have more value, but no one is buying them are they?
This company may not exist come the day of the drawing. When Leaf did the Shoeless Joe giveaway they were a well known brand and it worked. This company comes out of the woodwork with a Ruth Bat and we are supposed to trust them?

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
They may have more value, but no one is buying them are they?
This company may not exist come the day of the drawing. When Leaf did the Shoeless Joe giveaway they were a well known brand and it worked. This company comes out of the woodwork with a Ruth Bat and we are supposed to trust them?

How much does a Ruth Bat run at auction, and how much product do you think they would have to see to recoup that expense?

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I stand by my decision to invest in gavin floyd over cole hamels...

so there's that

you can certainly stand by poor decisions, doesn't change the nature of them though.

England stood by it's decision to tax the U.S. and provoke a revolution. Perhaps not the best one but oh crazy King George III stood by it!

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009

Livecasebreak.com did a couple breaks of it on Sunday night. Same stuff, ungraded vintage, BGS 10/9.5 base cards and the raffles and memorabilia.

WillJaimet

Jan 8, 2013
Hello,

My name is Will Jaimet and I'm the owner of Heroes of Sport. This message board has been brought to my attention by several people. I'm not going to address each issue individually, but I am willing to speak with anyone who has a question about my company. We are in this business for the long term and will follow through on everything we say we will do. If anyone would like to ask me a question about anything to do with our company, please feel free to email me at [email protected] or you can call the office toll free at 855-HEROES1 Monday through Friday. If I miss your call, I will get back to you.

This company was built for the hobby. I have over 20 years of experience in this business and it is our goal to have the biggest hit to dollar ration in the industry. I will personally answer all emails in a timely manner, and I look forward to getting to know some of you. I will not be coming back on this forum to respond to future posts made by other members. Have a great rest of the week.

Will Jaimet
Founder of Heroes of Sport

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Hello,

My name is Will Jaimet and I'm the owner of Heroes of Sport. This message board has been brought to my attention by several people. I'm not going to address each issue individually, but I am willing to speak with anyone who has a question about my company. We are in this business for the long term and will follow through on everything we say we will do. If anyone would like to ask me a question about anything to do with our company, please feel free to email me at [email protected] or you can call the office toll free at 855-HEROES1 Monday through Friday. If I miss your call, I will get back to you.

This company was built for the hobby. I have over 20 years of experience in this business and it is our goal to have the biggest hit to dollar ration in the industry. I will personally answer all emails in a timely manner, and I look forward to getting to know some of you. I will not be coming back on this forum to respond to future posts made by other members. Have a great rest of the week.

Will Jaimet
Founder of Heroes of Sport

20 years? How old are you Will?

Posted by witchcraft, voodoo and technological kung fu.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Highest ROI Repack Battle - HOS vs. Leaf.Winners: Collectors.Getting my popcorn ready for the responses to this thread........
Hello,My name is Will Jaimet and I'm the owner of Heroes of Sport. This message board has been brought to my attention by several people. I'm not going to address each issue individually, but I am willing to speak with anyone who has a question about my company. We are in this business for the long term and will follow through on everything we say we will do. If anyone would like to ask me a question about anything to do with our company, please feel free to email me at [email protected] or you can call the office toll free at 855-HEROES1 Monday through Friday. If I miss your call, I will get back to you.This company was built for the hobby. I have over 20 years of experience in this business and it is our goal to have the biggest hit to dollar ration in the industry. I will personally answer all emails in a timely manner, and I look forward to getting to know some of you. I will not be coming back on this forum to respond to future posts made by other members. Have a great rest of the week.Will JaimetFounder of Heroes of Sport

Members online

Latest posts