Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Super Serious Thread: What do you not like about FCB?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Not a fan of the "Quotes" notifications, whether it was a Direct link or go thru the Profiles.

And trolls. Now I know most frequent users know who they are anyway but newer members don't and think the small group represents the whole Forum. I wish I could think of a non-combative way to nominate certain serial-offenders that wouldn't come back on the solid members trying to clean it up. Suspensions, like the one mentioned earlier, are a start, but not permanent enough to really fix the problem. Like the rest of the Internet, there is probably nothing anyone can do to fix it, but it would help grow the site more IMO. Alot of folks leave soon after their first coupla post 'cuz they get hounded, trolled, etc. They won't be back and most likely tell others they know to avoid the site.

Other than that, I have no Problems with anything else on this FREE site. I think people tend to forget that part...

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Wait...what has Gilmore been doing with the $19.99 I have been sending him every month...:eek:

Well at least you didn't pay for the whole year in advance of Clint's "Pre-Super Stardom Cam" like I did. Very disappointed! :(

And to OP, I would also like add that I miss the "Hot List", specifically Phil's version...

hawkfandan

Aug 7, 2008
4600 North Chicago, IL
My main gripes are

4) TBP has 31,270 posts and i'd say 75% of em are one worded like "NIIIIIICCCCEEEE". The last one I read of his: "*****!!!" (In this thread.) I have no personal beef with him but most of his posts I read dont contribute much of anything. Lack of quality content is what im trying to say here. Not just from him but others, myself included, as well. I could do more to try and help and so could others.

Agreed. Seeing 'THANKS TOPPS' is every other thread over the course of several months really killed it for me and helped bring down the overall discourse of the board. Once that got posted in a thread, the wheels always came off shortly thereafter. I called the dude out on in a thread some time ago (I'm not one to run to the mods) & received PMs in which people thanked me privately for doing so. His 'PUS$Y' addition to this thread is a prime example. It isn't funny & it isn't relevant. I think Chris lets it go on however because like you said, dude posts 100 times a day, so I guess that's traffic??? I don't know. The ironic thing is that prior to deciding to become a full time troll, I actually enjoyed his vintage breaks and PSA mail days.

hawkfandan

Aug 7, 2008
4600 North Chicago, IL
Also, I concur....pay Phil whatever he needs to get the Hot List going again. I think you may have underestimated how important his list/contributions are to this board. In the past, I'd make sure FCB was the first place I visited every Friday. Now? Not so much. I like Chris and I want the board to succeed, but there needs to be content that brings people in and the Hot List was a huge part of that.

I also liked the podcast. Was I the only one? Brings those fools back too. :lol:

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
the iphone app - browsing msgs has gotten better but it's still a PITA to type a reply so I have to end up coming to my desktop PC to leave replys.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Agreed. Seeing 'THANKS TOPPS' is every other thread over the course of several months really killed it for me and helped bring down the overall discourse of the board. Once that got posted in a thread, the wheels always came off shortly thereafter. I called the dude out on in a thread some time ago (I'm not one to run to the mods) & received PMs in which people thanked me privately for doing so. His 'PUS$Y' addition to this thread is a prime example. It isn't funny & it isn't relevant. I think Chris lets it go on however because like you said, dude posts 100 times a day, so I guess that's traffic??? I don't know. The ironic thing is that prior to deciding to become a full time troll, I actually enjoyed his vintage breaks and PSA mail days.

+1

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I really don't get why people care at all about what ThoseBackPages posts. I mean really. Just ignore them if they bother you so much. They are completely harmless. If they bother you, you are the one with the problem.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
[MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION] - Do you like the mobile app sigs? Just curious. If they were in a different font or something I could see having them but why the he!! do I want to see that someone made a post from like a google phone or iphone or something lol... or maybe it's your way of spreading the word that there is a mobile app, in which case I can see why you like it.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
I would like some kind of product review thread were we could all vote on a product ranking and get some kind of real feedback for if a product is worth it. Take this years Prizm FB, I think it sucks bad, some people love it, would be nice to have a thread were both sides could give their point of view, rate the product and let others make their decision based on real opinions.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
[MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION] - Do you like the mobile app sigs? Just curious. If they were in a different font or something I could see having them but why the he!! do I want to see that someone made a post from like a google phone or iphone or something lol... or maybe it's your way of spreading the word that there is a mobile app, in which case I can see why you like it.

I dont like them.

They are set off by default now.

I find it full of hilarity in a thread where negativity and bullying is being complained about people are taking shots at Eric. Lets pretend Eric's one word posts aren't welcome.. Who the XXXX makes you people the content police? Have you all shared so much wisdom and cardosity that we should weigh your greatness? Seriously post your merits or XXXX your asses.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I find it full of hilarity in a thread where negativity and bullying is being complained about people are taking shots at Eric. Lets pretend Eric's one word posts aren't welcome.. Who the XXXX makes you people the content police? Have you all shared so much wisdom and cardosity that we should weigh your greatness? Seriously post your merits or XXXX your asses.

I love ya Clint but your response falls into my first issue listed.

The reason I mentioned him by name was because theres no point in trying to say "the guy with 31000+ posts." Everyone would know who it is already.

In my post I said I had no issue with Eric personally but the majority of his posts are either "THANKS TOPPS, +1 or NIIIICCCEEE". Sorry but that, imo and apparently others, doesnt equate to quality content. (I wont go as far as saying it's trolling, however.)

You took what I and others said way too personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts