Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Turkey Red is back but

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I was foolish to sell some of my /20's like I did....Vitters and Seager for $20::facepalm::

I'm making a killing on the base cards though.

A Vitters is up with a BIN/BO for only a couple bucks more...so don't sweat it. The set collectors might be sitting this one out, and the Saunders was probably a lunatic collector.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
A Vitters is up with a BIN/BO for only a couple bucks more...so don't sweat it. The set collectors might be sitting this one out, and the Saunders was probably a lunatic collector.

Ah ok. I do feel like down the road the autos will become more valuable but I was in sell now mode.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Just sold a partial set of 47/100 for $140. $3 per card...what?!

But full sets are selling for $200....I don't get it. I'd be better off breaking my one full set into two partial sets...insanity.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
My Trout BIN was hit for $18 plus shipping. I feel good. Still have the auto /32 out there. .. based on Jims success, thinking I should BIN/BO it at $75 rather than a straight auction.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
One thing is certain...I should have spent the $120 I spent on this on the previously released Leaf Valiant Stars sets. Good grief was that a money maker.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
One thing is certain...I should have spent the $120 I spent on this on the previously released Leaf Valiant Stars sets. Good grief was that a money maker.

I'm still working on that. I was expecting more people to want to buy up 76 of their favorite player and in only one case (Buxton) has that happened so far. Moving 1 to 5 (and in some cases 15) are certainly getting me closer, I just can't get anyone to pull the trigger on Lillard at a price that seems fair. Eventually I'll probably double my money, or better on those 76 sets, but I've got a longer road ahead of me than I had hoped.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Was wanting to build the base set, but was expecting it to be easier to pick up lots cheaply. My 3 packs had 0 autorgaphs numbered less than 620, but I got a Trout, Machado and Posey base, so I'm torn as to dumping them to buy a complete set or just try to get the other 70 or just skip it, seeing as the cards are really pretty lame.

I think there might be just a couple people building the autograph set. The #/10s are going for $100+, but the #/20s are unexpectedly low. Felix, probably the biggest name from that group, couldn't even muster a $40 BIN.

One thing to think about is that it's only been a month since news of this set came out. There's probably a large number of collectors who haven't even heard of it yet, the guys who only get their news from print edition Beckett or from their dealers. I think if it gets a decent writeup in next Beckett there could be a big spike in demand.

fur72

Nov 19, 2010
Iowa
I bought 5 boxes for $20 a piece. I have mixed emotions, two of the same high numbered auto colvin is numbered to 28. Plus 2 printing plates.

2013turkeyred.jpg

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
If even 10 people want to build the auto set, I have got to think that prices are going to go up or am I just wishful thinking.

That's what I'm hoping. It's amazing to me that #/20s are $20 even if they are unexciting names.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts