Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What cards do you wish to see?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Another thread drew me to this topic.

The idea is simple, what sort of cards (could be an innovation in design like die-cut or otherwise like a signed card from a specific player) would you love to see?

For me its an idea that has been used before, but IMO underutilized is to use the Flag patches that they have on caps (I think it's July 4th) as well as some other similar items. I think it would be cool for Topps to bid on some of the items that MLB auctions for charity, and incorporate those in (the pink bats were another). I think the flags particularly would be insanely popular...

aekdb535

Jun 26, 2010
I'd love to see a set made from the equipment used on Mother's Day. It would add something new to the market and you could say definitively when and where that piece was used.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
As said, specific-date Game used pieces on a set of their own would be great. Mother's Day, Opening day, even post-season would be perfect, and put the exact info on the card.

I've always liked to see to see Rising star/Legends dual autos and it's probably a good time for a Machado/Ripken Jr. dual auto. But I'm worried they'll do it with A-Rod instead...

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
It would be cool to see ANY memorabilia card where it showed a picture of the original item on the back of the card and/or said the date or game the item was from.

I also think, for baseball specifically, they don't utilize the outer edge of the baseball bats. Think of how many bat barrel type cards there could be which show wear and tear. Doesn't even need. To have the name plate.

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
All card companies having equal rights to Major League logos and licenses.
Other than that, I miss baseball cards in cereal boxes, which ironically, didn't usually have team logos on them, even though most were made by Topps.

Last edited:

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Honestly I'd like topps base rookies to be real rookies again. Sadly with bowman , this will never happen again. I love anything that is lenticular, acetate, or diecut. So as long as they keep those coming, I'll be well fed as it were. I guess they could include less frequently done game used items like more batting helmet pieces, more catchers gear, cleats, shin guards, wrist bands, batting gloves and fielding gloves, and jacket pieces.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
If Topps is going to persist with their retro sets, I'd love to see one that takes all of the players they can't seem to stop making cards for, and put out a series with those players in all of the uniforms they wore in their professional career. Sort of like what Score did for Reggie Jackson in 1988, but including all the minor leageu, winter league and foreign teams for which they can find photos as well. Julio Franco would have like 30 cards in the set with all the teams he played for. And NO PARALLELS!

Heck, I think a Minor League Heritage set patterened after some of the 70s and 80s TCMA, Chong and Cramer sets would be cool instead of just the same old Topps throwback designs.

Or maybe just a "missing minor leagues" set where someone could make a set of minor league cards for prominent players that never had them like Dale Murphy or Cecil Fielder (unless you count his one, extremely obscure Trackle postcard).

Last edited:

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
A social media driven insert set. I see amazing amateur art on places like Imgur, and I would love to see them translated to the card medium.
I think this would be a big hit. Topps could hold some sort of contest. The result would be modern and sleek.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
It would be cool to see ANY memorabilia card where it showed a picture of the original item on the back of the card and/or said the date or game the item was from.

+1. I only have one or two relic cards in my collection with that feature, so I would like to have more as it's cool to see the item before being cut/sawed up.

I'd also like to see more photos with captions on cards (i think it was 1994 or 1995 UD that the base set had a photo on front and some quick text telling what the date was, situation was, etc. like a newspaper photo
caption).

I like the 3D type cards (Topps D3, kelloggs late 70's/early 80's 3d cards, the lineage insert in 2011 I think it was) -- I just wish the photos were sharper if 3d cards were to be added again as a set or insert in some product. I don't know why the photos are so blurry unless it's the technology of the time that kept them from being produced as a sharp image with some 3D-type effect to it.

seeing how there are items for sale from old Yankee Stadium and Shea Stadium, it'd be cool to see some new relics card types with stadium themes -- cut up plastic stadium seats and not just the wood seats that have been done before, concrete chips from the concourse or seating area, signs that hung in stadiums, pieces of the foul pole or seat-area railing, etc. into cards as a way to own a piece of a stadium.

OscarOne

Jan 15, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
I would love to see Topps take the vintage thing to its highest level. If you are going to keep trotting it out there, embrace it.

I would turn Topps base into a vintage set.

Make two, or maybe three series.

The cards would be an original design, but definitely a retro look.
No gloss, and packaged unique...not sure if they can still wrap them like old school wax, but something that feels different.
Extra care would go into making sure the teams are up to date
Each team would have at least a few "True" rookies. And each set would also have a few old players. The set would be big...90's Score big.
Shortprints! Not a ton, but they are there.
Inserts: No autographs, but some neat cuts: ticket stubs, and patches from the prior season. Real ones too...

And maybe a fun game: if you put together a team set, you can mail it to Topps and get a prize. Something good. Not sure what.

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
Implicate more used baseball gloves!Kinda partial because I literally just bought my first,but they are some what tough to find for Griffey!Great looking cards,would suggest everyone to see if there player has a Upper Deck Leather Bound GU'd card.Some of the materials can look really good on a card.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
An autograph parallel of the entire Topps base set. Even with stickers this would be an amazing addition; there are plenty of players who otherwise would never have a certified auto that will get the player and team collectors going crazy.

Serial #'ed inserts that aren't parallels. In the glory days of the 90's/early 2000's, almost every set had at least one or two non-parallel #'ed insert set, something I can't remember anyone doing recently (other than A&G Rip cards).

Final cards of retired players; one last card to sum up a retired player's career. Troy Glaus, for example, played a full 2010 season with Atlanta, then retired. But Topps didn't make a 2011 base card for him, so there aren't any cards that have his complete career stats on them. Matt Stairs is another one; played poorly for Washington in 2011 and was released, but 2011 were his last cards. Topps can certainly give one last card to a veteran, just for old time's sake. They used to, but barring the major retired stars, it doesn't happen much these days.

RedsFan2993

Jul 14, 2010
I would love to see a Brandon Phillips-Joe Morgan dual auto card. It seems so obvious it is absurd it had not happened yet. I would also like to see Topps Base include each year's Hall of Fame inductees.

TwinsWin

Mar 14, 2011
I would love to see a Brandon Phillips-Joe Morgan dual auto card. It seems so obvious it is absurd it had not happened yet. I would also like to see Topps Base include each year's Hall of Fame inductees.

Ditto on the hall f fame base cards

Latest posts