Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAVALIERCARDS... Shill Much??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
I have known Jeff at cavalier for 15 years (although I haven't spoken to him in several years)..

If he still controls the eBay account, I have a hard time believing he would shill..

Now, is it possible he took a consignment and the person who consigned is bidding up his consigned card? Food for thought...

BG

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
I have known Jeff at cavalier for 15 years (although I haven't spoken to him in several years)..

If he still controls the eBay account, I have a hard time believing he would shill..

Now, is it possible he took a consignment and the person who consigned is bidding up his consigned card? Food for thought...

BG

And last week about 75 people said that mikecalliere guy would not fake an inscription cause he deals in thousands of dollars in cards. We all seen how that worked out.

sabrgeek

Apr 10, 2010
I have known Jeff at Cavalier for 20+ years (we still have a ribs dinner to go to someday) --- given a choice of dealing with Jeff P or Jeff N -- I know whom I would select.

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
1) When I sent you the message, I was the high bidder. I didn't bid any higher because of what I believed, and still believe to be, shill bidding. The fact that two people bid higher than I did is solely because I didn't bid because of the bidding history.

2) A smart shiller bids on other people's auctions other than their own. Good to see that our "Little Rock, AR" friend... heh... is learning how to do it the proper way so that you -- I mean, he, doesn't get caught. Thank you for the above thesis as to how to be a good shill bidder.

3) My cat did not bid on it, I am not a preacher, no one is in the hospital, and my dog nor my sister died. I have well over 6,000 feedback and pay for what I buy.

4) There was no reason for you to treat and respond to a customer as disrepectfully as you did. Proper customer service would have been to apologize for someone interfering in the auction, not to insult your customer as well as who/what they collect. I assume the next step would have been to call me up and use profanity.

5) I'm sorry that you resent any implication that you shill bid. It certainly appeared to me (and at least one other user who started a similar thread on FCB) and continues to appear tp me that you did. Your youtube video proves nothing other than the fact that you can retrieve messages that I have sent previously.

6) You assume that all of your customers are "chuckleheads". That's great customer service.

7) Interesting that you used my full name, as I did not provide that to you . . . .

It may have been because he was offended by your accusation and at that point no longer wanted your buisness. I think that would be a fair response to somone attacking your integrity.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
So the same '0' bidder is the guy in BOTH my auction I posted and started this thread about and the one (Bob) Jeff N. posted above.

So Jeff (CAVALIERCARDS), are BOTH of these auctions a consignment of the same person?
If so, and you or your shop didn't shill, then THAT points right to the shady person who is making your auctions look bad.
STOP consigning with that person. It's not good for your business.

THOSE auctions WERE in fact shilled.
MULTI (10+) bids on top of IMMEDIATE retractions .... you get the point (I hope.....)

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
So the same '0' bidder is the guy in BOTH my auction I posted and started this thread about and the one (Bob) Jeff N. posted above.

So Jeff (CAVALIERCARDS), are BOTH of these auctions a consignment of the same person?
If so, and you or your shop didn't shill, then THAT points right to the shady person who is making your auctions look bad.

MULTI (10+) bids on top of IMMEDIATE retractions .... you get the point (I hope.....)

Pretty straight forward of you ask me...

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
1) When I sent you the message, I was the high bidder. I didn't bid any higher because of what I believed, and still believe to be, shill bidding. The fact that two people bid higher than I did is solely because I didn't bid because of the bidding history.

2) A smart shiller bids on other people's auctions other than their own. Good to see that our "Little Rock, AR" friend... heh... is learning how to do it the proper way so that you -- I mean, he, doesn't get caught. Thank you for the above thesis as to how to be a good shill bidder.

3) My cat did not bid on it, I am not a preacher, no one is in the hospital, and my dog nor my sister died. I have well over 6,000 feedback and pay for what I buy.

4) There was no reason for you to treat and respond to a customer as disrepectfully as you did. Proper customer service would have been to apologize for someone interfering in the auction, not to insult your customer as well as who/what they collect. I assume the next step would have been to call me up and use profanity.

5) I'm sorry that you resent any implication that you shill bid. It certainly appeared to me (and at least one other user who started a similar thread on FCB) and continues to appear tp me that you did. Your youtube video proves nothing other than the fact that you can retrieve messages that I have sent previously.

6) You assume that all of your customers are "chuckleheads". That's great customer service.

7) Interesting that you used my full name, as I did not provide that to you . . . .

Guys.....he has over SIX THOUSAND Feedback that means he automatically pays and if you question him on that, you're wrong.

If you talked to me like this (and the way I assume you talked to him over ebay) I would give you sass right back, cancel your bids if any of them are winning and block you.

Too many jerkoffs like this, thinking this way.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
It may have been because he was offended by your accusation and at that point no longer wanted your buisness. I think that would be a fair response to somone attacking your integrity.

A smarter move would be to explain what he believed in a PM. Instead, he vascillated between thinking I bought the cards and was trying to renege vs. his high moral ground. At no point did he say, "hey, I understand what you may think, but we've done a lot of business together and we don't want to lose you as a customer, here's what we think happened." Just really lousy customer service across the board, insulting what I collect, calling me names... really immature behavior.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Guys.....he has over SIX THOUSAND Feedback that means he automatically pays and if you question him on that, you're wrong.

If you talked to me like this (and the way I assume you talked to him over ebay) I would give you sass right back, cancel your bids if any of them are winning and block you.

Too many jerkoffs like this, thinking this way.

I posted the complete line of messages back and forth. I don't know what the basis of your post is, and what your point is.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field

You didn't post an auction, Russ.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
My point is that if you were nice to him, he probably would have been nice back.

He also has probably got 1,000 rude messages before yours, so sorry on his behalf if he didn't just bend over and take your false and outlandish accusations.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
My point is that if you were nice to him, he probably would have been nice back.

He also has probably got 1,000 rude messages before yours, so sorry on his behalf if he didn't just bend over and take your false and outlandish accusations.

I asked him to cancel my bids as I didn't appreciate being shilled. I don't believe being shilled requires me "being nice". My accusations are neither false nor outlandish.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I live in Charlottesville (have been here for 12 years but am moving in a week) and Cavalier is my LCS. They are solid members of the community and run an honest business. They are absolutely on the up and up and trustworthy.

As people have pointed out, the cards they sell are on consignment. The consigner shilled his cards. Cavalier would not risk the thousands of cards they sell for a few bucks on a card that is not even theirs.

Let's keep perspective on this.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Further to my comment above... why would someone who knows and understands how collectors buy on eBay so blatantly shill (knowing it would be so easy to spot)? No chance.

It got shilled, but not by them.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
The responsibility falls on the seller. If someone is shilling their consigned auctions cav cards should sniff that out and end that relationship.

Jeff called him out on it and rightfully so. I am sick of hearing how sellers who have been in business a long time get a pass. Bigboyd has been around awhile so was wiwag who the fbi toppled. My point is if as a seller you see something you gotta act on it. Jeff brought this to his attention and the seller without looking into it at first chewed Jeff out.

Many here would like to bury Jeff for what he did, I applaud it

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
The responsibility falls on the seller. If someone is shilling their consigned auctions cav cards should sniff that out and end that relationship.

Jeff called him out on it and rightfully so. I am sick of hearing how sellers who have been in business a long time get a pass. Bigboyd has been around awhile so was wiwag who the fbi toppled. My point is if as a seller you see something you gotta act on it. Jeff brought this to his attention and the seller without looking into it at first chewed Jeff out.

Because instead of saying "I believe there to be suspicious shilling activity on ##### auctions and want my bids cancelled" he accused the seller of doing it.

Stay classy.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia

I actually agree with all of your points and that Cavalier does have responsibility here to end the auctions and the relationship - which I hope they did. They also could have responded better.

Jeff was correct to raise the point. I have no issue with that or him.

My point is that I have known the guys there for 12 years. I have even hosted my kids' birthday parties in their shop. I believe the shilling was by the consigner, not Cavalier. They have too little to gain and too much to lose by doing something so dumb.

Also, for clarity, both people in this thread are named Jeff. The OP and owner of Cavalier.

Members online

Latest posts