Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whats the rarest card you own?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GameJerseyPR

Oct 21, 2013
davamema.jpg

This is my rarest one,a partial autograph by arod featured a few times on beckett back on 2000's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Nothing sexy but a slew of 1/1s from the leaf just minors vault.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I have lots of 1/1s, can't get much rarer than that by definition. But aside from those, some cards are much tougher than any numbering might indicate. The 2010 Exquisite base cards and patches for instance. Or 1998 Retro Quantum Leap. I have a Frank Thomas that I picked up when it came out. I'm so glad because, though I haven't looked very hard, I haven't seen another till recently. That one sold for $382, probably at least 10 times what I paid for mine.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Wouldn't any 1/1 be the rarest card someone owns?
A 1/1 of common player is more rare than a #/30 of a Hall of Famer.

My 1/1 cards of Jeff Francis are more rare than a $3 million T206 Honus Wagner.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Wouldn't any 1/1 be the rarest card someone owns?
A 1/1 of common player is more rare than a #/30 of a Hall of Famer.

My 1/1 cards of Jeff Francis are more rare than a $3 million T206 Honus Wagner.

Theoretically yes. But, I've seen a ton of 1/1's pop up. Not necessarily twice. But at least they get up on eBay. There are cards I've been looking for that are nowhere near rare yet in 7 years of looking, I've never seen them or only seen one. And that's constantly sifting through 7,000+ eBay listing, sport lots, naxcom, Beckett, shops, shows, private collections, etc. So what's your idea of rare? A card that is out there that's been seen or a card that you've never seen or only seen one of? At that point, they are almost the same.

I don't like rarest since it's subjective so I'll say the most unique card I have is a Sterling Scott Kazmir gu letterman card. Yes it's a 1/1 but it's still very unique. Lots of 1/1's seem trivial. Something like this truly is rare and unique. Especially since letterman cards are now heavily event worn or manufactured.

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
Although this is a 1/1, im choosing it because there is a "regular" version /10 that neither I, or anybody else I have ever spoken to about this set, has seen. While a few have been graded by Beckett (I would think the same one twice possibly), I cannot find anyone who owns or saw one.

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
I have a couple printing plates but as has been discussed, those pop up often, and printing plates aren't really cards anyway.

My favorite is a Michael Young #/5

Not as nuts as many of the cards I've seen on here but as a MY nut I love it! Out of town but I'll post a picture later

Ogando, Michael Young, Leonys Martin and all Texas Rangers

Members online