Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage and hall of fame patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011

I don't think much higher Tim, I believe it goes under $5K just because A) knobs usually go for less, B) there are multiple knobs for sale at once that may drive down the price slightly if it were just Cobb and C) Cobb just for whatever reason just doesn't usually go as high as someone like a Gehrig IMO. I think it should go for a bit more just because really cream of the crop prime Cobb pieces are so hard to find but I just don't really see it going higher than 5

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I'm really hoping under 4500....but I doubt it

My personal opinion is that $4,500 is a really really really good price for that card. I'm a big Cobb fan, in my book not only is he one of the greatest players to ever step out there but he's one of the most intriguing characters in baseball's history.

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Going to throw these jim Thorpe patch cards out here. Before everyone kills me for this...I'm aware that it looks like they are a fake. I still think the cards are incredible, they may not be from a 1918 jim Thorpe gamer (which is a huge bummer) but it does appear they are froma legit jersey from 1919. Just not thorpe. Maybe some is true maybe nothing is true. Not sure...all I do know is I love the cards, and if they are from a 1919 jersey of someone then they are still he oldest jersey patches I have!

would love to see other Thorpe patch cards if anyone still has any?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    412.9 KB · Views: 26

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Because of the nice Ernie banks card last night I will post some of my Ernie banks patch cards!

also posting some ozzie smith Padres patch cards. I absolutely love ozzie smith Padres patch cards, they rank up their with Nolan Ryan mets cards. I always try and go after ozzie Padres cards
I don't have too much Ozzie other than a super nice auto his Padres bat knob.

Last edited:

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Here are two cards from the pretty rare 2004 legendary cuts product. Love these quad patch cards. Some of the patches are single color, but most are felt and wool patches. It's just plain hard to get 4 great vintage patches on a card

snider, Mathews, banks, and musial
carter, Berra, bench, and Munson

simpley awesome! Wish I could find more

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    382.5 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    334.1 KB · Views: 22

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
I don't think much higher Tim, I believe it goes under $5K just because A) knobs usually go for less, B) there are multiple knobs for sale at once that may drive down the price slightly if it were just Cobb and C) Cobb just for whatever reason just doesn't usually go as high as someone like a Gehrig IMO. I think it should go for a bit more just because really cream of the crop prime Cobb pieces are so hard to find but I just don't really see it going higher than 5

I have never really followed knobs so this will be interesting...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Nation...ultDomain_0&hash=item58c2f0d50c#ht_714wt_1001

Wonder if this ends up the highest price...

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011

I think the Gehrig and Cobb wind up around the same in this instance. The cosigner IMO should not have given these to probstein at once I would have personally sold them with a one month interval I think that would help the final sale price fairly significantly in this case

Members online