Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage and hall of fame patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Anyone here question any of the 02 patches ? Or do you think they all look ok / legit ?

And I the only one who wants to remove the sticker auto off all of them ? ;)

Anyone have estimates on some of the bigger ones ?

Ryan

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Anyone here question any of the 02 patches ? Or do you think they all look ok / legit ?

And I the only one who wants to remove the sticker auto off all of them ? ;)

Anyone have estimates on some of the bigger ones ?

Ryan

i feel 100% comfterable with the killebrew! I'm comfterBle enough to bid on the musial and banks also. If you remeber awhile ago a 2002 musial and banks single patch with no autos sold. Think musial went over 600 and banks over 200. Both were logo patches as these are. So I'm pretty comfterable with them. I wouldn't mind landing all 3 but will for sure get the killebrew :)

and yes yes take these stickers off!

these cards hardly come up, I've watched killebrew stuff everyday for like 6 years and have never seen this card. So I'm pretty excited :)

as as far for estimates its hard to tell, I'm hoping far less then what the Musial and banks brought a few months back but who knows?

you have a oponion?

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I'd feel comfortable about the Killebrew and Musial and considering the guys collection I'd feel comfortable about the Banks as well. I already have a very similar Musial just not FOTG and I think the Killebrew will go to either a Twins collector (hopefully Christensen) but there are also a lot of collectors who are huge on that set so I don't think my top dollar would be good enough on that. I'll keep an eye on the Banks and Stargell most likely but I think that's about it.

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
I'd feel comfortable about the Killebrew and Musial and considering the guys collection I'd feel comfortable about the Banks as well. I already have a very similar Musial just not FOTG and I think the Killebrew will go to either a Twins collector (hopefully Christensen) but there are also a lot of collectors who are huge on that set so I don't think my top dollar would be good enough on that. I'll keep an eye on the Banks and Stargell most likely but I think that's about it.

I will get the killebrew ;) The Stargell is way cool also. You know the seller? He have a lot of good stuff?

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
My only pet peeves are the "Sans Autograph" and "1/1" listed with nearly every card :benson:

...but that is one of my favorite sets, still upset I missed out on the Rizzuto last wave.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Mikey built the 2002 FOTG set early after release. The departed Bob Babo (Bayshore Sportscards) land many of these items in the shop's case and eBay prior to the big push to fake patches.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I will get the killebrew ;) The Stargell is way cool also. You know the seller? He have a lot of good stuff?

Agreed, I don't know how hard I'll be bidding on the Stargell I already have two but this one would be an upgrade to the wool patch I have the other one is a bit more modern I believe from his home jersey. But I don't know the seller personally but I'm always very impressed with people who have a nice collection of a vintage iconic set. Those cards hold in value big time, which is my guess of why he may have some other nice stuff. Here's my Musial by the way though I'm not sure if I've already posted it actually, it's similar but of course that patch that's up now is nicer:

IMG_5747.jpg

I have total confidence you'll win the Killebrew it deserves to be in your collection!

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
What's the thought on the Lou ? And while not HoFers the Dunn and ARod ? Those 2 seem a lil off for the /50, /100 type but I don't remember the set enough to say pieces like that were or weren't included in those runs. Good luck to those who are bidding

Ryan

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
2001 and 2002 DLP had many nice patches on higher numbered inserts. It was not until 2003/2004 when they started "prime" and equating that to SP cards.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
What's the thought on the Lou ? And while not HoFers the Dunn and ARod ? Those 2 seem a lil off for the /50, /100 type but I don't remember the set enough to say pieces like that were or weren't included in those runs. Good luck to those who are bidding

Ryan

I would think that the Gehrig is more than likely real. Unfortunately, people even started faking those air hole cards as they bring way more of a premium than they used to. I think you can assume that it's real unless the card looks bad in person - it's unfortunate but true that we've gotten to a point in this hobby where we even have to do some questioning into something like that.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I would think that the Gehrig is more than likely real. Unfortunately, people even started faking those air hole cards as they bring way more of a premium than they used to. I think you can assume that it's real unless the card looks bad in person - it's unfortunate but true that we've gotten to a point in this hobby where we even have to do some questioning into something like that.
I'm more than positive the Gehrig is real. It has a twin in my collection. I have #4 /5. :)