Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Collectors 1500+ Club

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
See thats what I did too but that bulked up on space.

It does this, yes, but it's significantly less than when adding screwdowns, magnets, and/or any otherwise space-inefficient plastic. To me, the economy top loaders (Ultra Pro blue box) are the way to go as they offer the thinnest most space efficient way to store cards while still maintaining safety. Because think about it, you're really the only one holding your cards, so why use anything else? Save space, it makes sense ;-)

Additionally, cost savings is a huge factor here. Top loaders in their most basic form are, and will always be more affordable than other hard plastic cases. For the cost of just 1 magnet, I can get 50 top loaders!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
It does this, yes, but it's significantly less than when adding screwdowns, magnets, and/or any otherwise space-inefficient plastic. To me, the economy top loaders (Ultra Pro blue box) are the way to go as they offer the thinnest most space efficient way to store cards while still maintaining safety. Because think about it, you're really the only one holding your cards, so why use anything else? Save space, it makes sense ;-)

Additionally, cost savings is a huge factor here. Top loaders in their most basic form are, and will always be more affordable than other hard plastic cases. For the cost of just 1 magnet, I can get 50 top loaders!

Eh...I'll leave them in a one touch if they come with one and it's not too big or small for the card. Or, if it's a really expensive card, I may at least put s team bag over the top loader. My problem is all these booklet cards I bought take up too much room. And there are holders for them but I prefer to put them on snap cases with decoys to keep them from moving.

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
Eh...I'll leave them in a one touch if they come with one and it's not too big or small for the card. Or, if it's a really expensive card, I may at least put s team bag over the top loader. My problem is all these booklet cards I bought take up too much room. And there are holders for them but I prefer to put them on snap cases with decoys to keep them from moving.

Good call on the booklet cards. I don't collect them myself, at least not at this time, because I'm not particularly interested in how they need to be stored. But I do get where you're coming from on those and kudos to you for adding them to your collection.

Last edited:

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Good call on the booklet cards. I don't collect them myself, at least not at this time, because I'm not particularly interested in how they need to be stored. But I do get where you're coming from on those and kudos to you for adding them to your collection.

I love the hell out of them. Panini playbook, the dual auto books for baseball, gypsy queen, triple threads! I think they are the neatest thing. But they do take up a lot of space in a three row box and it sucks that you can't easily look at them without removing the team bag from the snap case. Plus I tape the snap cases. Ugh!

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
I love the hell out of them. Panini playbook, the dual auto books for baseball, gypsy queen, triple threads! I think they are the neatest thing. But they do take up a lot of space in a three row box and it sucks that you can't easily look at them without removing the team bag from the snap case. Plus I tape the snap cases. Ugh!

That's pretty rockin'! I think if I were to start acquiring booklets, I'd go the magnet route due to the ease of visibility.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Just passed 1500 Jim Thomes (1502 to be exact)! That gives me three 1500+ player collections, along with Troy Glaus (1918) and Scott Rolen (1580).

Aerohip

Aug 3, 2011
Great White North
Just getting back to collecting again after a break(marriage, four kids ) but I have somewhere around 1000 Alan Trammell cards. Any other Trammell Collectors out there?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online