Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Atlanta Braves Discussion and Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia
This thread came out of nowhere... Glad we have one... I heard on the pre-game show that Uggla wasn't too happy about Fredi giving him the night off tonight... I'm not sure if he's eligible for the Francour type of demotion to work on his swing and his head, but maybe working with someone other than Larry Parish is what he needs to get out of his funk

chipperjfan10

Mar 31, 2011
im about sick of uggla, i have multiple autos of every starter of this years team but i will NEVER get one of uggla, i liked omar infante amore consistant player in my book

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia
chipperjfan10 said:
im about sick of uggla, i have multiple autos of every starter of this years team but i will NEVER get one of uggla, i liked omar infante amore consistant player in my book

I'd have to disagree... I'd take a second baseman with a track record of 30 HR and 90+ RBI any day over a player that has never played a full season at a position in the bigs (142 games in 2004) and has never hit more than 16 HR's or 55 RBI's... Infante could play anywhere, but I'd still rather have a power hitter that could only play 1 position versus a utility player that might hit .300

chipperjfan10

Mar 31, 2011
i see ure side im just angry that we gave up an allstar to get him and it shouldnt be a big change bc hes in the same division but hes just awful right now

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia
chipperjfan10 said:
i see ure side im just angry that we gave up an allstar to get him and it shouldnt be a big change bc hes in the same division but hes just awful right now

True, but Uggla is a 2x All Star and was a Braves killer... I'd much rather have him on our side than beating us like he did with the Marlins... Like I said, I think a lot of it is mental and he just needs to work on some things... The pressure of having to perform after signing a big contract is getting to him... He had no pressure in Florida with 8,000 fans in the ballpark every night... I think a short stint in the minors to work on some things would help him out a ton and get some confidence back if he's eligible to do that

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
I decided to narco this thread because I love it.

and I saw this image

603201_514833591890617_946565836_n.jpg

Dec 4, 2008
Fun, I didn't know this thread even existed! I have approx 20,000 Chipper singles in inventory which I am happy to trade toward Chipper needs for my PC or sell at the FCB discounted rate if you prefer. Also some mid-range inserts and GU of Smoltz, Maddux, Glavine, Klesko primarily out of the late 90's and early 00's product in stock as well. Thanks!

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Highlights from the first Braves spring training game:
Game goes extra innings and ends in a tie 4-4
*Rio Ruiz 2-3 with a double
*Mallex Smith 1-2 and score a run
*Hector Olivera 1-3 with an RBI
*Freeman 1-2 with a double
*Braves bullpen keeps the O's hitless from the 5th inning and on.

Members online

Latest posts