Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Show off your favorite stuff of the new HOFers: Rivera, Martinez, Halladay and Mussina

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Some great TTM signers in the new Hall of Fame class.
I got Rivera, Mussina, Martinez and Baines through the mail when they were players.
I'll post picks when I get home from work.

Show off your favorite cards, autographs and collectibles from the '19 HOF class.

Last edited:

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
It was May of 2016. I attended a Lakewood BlueClaws game. That evening, the Hagerstown Suns were in town. Mariano Rivera III just happened to be playing for the Nationals affiliate. The National Anthem plays and concludes. I turn around and notice a bald headed man sitting down in the luxury suite section. It's the Sandman.

I've followed Yankees baseball since the age of 6 (I'm 28 now). I stood there in awe. In the 7th inning a close friend of mine allowed me access to the area. I waited there and Mariano comes out. I politely ask for his autograph. He denies and says "Later, my friend." As soon as the game ends, he walks away from the five of us and heads down the opposite stairwell. I ran for my life. I go down the stairs and exit the ballpark. I hook a right and here comes Mariano. I'm the first one to get to him. I politely ask "Mr. Rivera, may I please have your autograph?" He laughs, cracks a smile and says "Walk with me." He takes my ball and signs it beautifully.

I took the ball back and cried. It was if I met God. To this day, holding this ball brings back that amazing memory. It's the greatest moment of my life and to see Mariano become the first unanimous selection in the history of the game's Hall of Fame is icing on the cake. This ball will never leave my site.
IMG_20190122_191417.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Some great TTM signers in the new Hall of Fame class.
I got Rivera, Mussina, Martinez and Baines through the mail when they were players.
I'll post picks when I get home from work.

Show off your favorite autographs and cards from the HOF class.
What's so special about a 1991 Gold Leaf Rookie Mussina?

Nothing unless it's the insanely impossible error version with a base card number instead of the insert number.

How about a Donruss Edgar rookie which isn't Edgar?20190122_200928.jpegScreenshot_20190122-200135.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
These are my top 5 Mariano cards, and I think they're the top 5 Mariano cards that exist. There are some other really nice cards (logomans, patches, superfractors, etc.) but none are unique or great enough that they would crack my top 5.

2008 FINEST TOPPS TEAM FAVORITES DUAL MANTLE-RIVERA #MR 1 OF 1.jpg

2014 TOPPS TRIPLE THREADS ALL-STAR JUMBO SLEEVE PATCH #TTAJSP-MR 1 OF 1 PATCH.jpg

2009 TOPPS TRIPLE THREADS ALL-STAR JUMBO SLEEVE PATCH #TTAJSP-47 1 OF 1 PATCH.jpg

2003 UPPER DECK ULTIMATE COLLECTION DOUBLE BARREL #DB-PR 1 OF 1.jpg

2015 BOWMAN CHROME SUPERFRACTORS THAT NEVER WERE AUTOGRAPHS #MR 1 OF 1.jpg

Scott F

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
I was hoping to see some Rivera cards from you but I never expected to see ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ! The superfractor auto is now one of my all-time favorites. Incredible collection.

Here is my contribution to the thread:

HOF Autos Class of 2019.JPG

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
I was hoping to see some Rivera cards from you but I never expected to see ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ! The superfractor auto is now one of my all-time favorites. Incredible collection.

Here is my contribution to the thread:

View attachment 86424

That super was the most I've ever spent on a Mo. What's that Topps Pristine numbered to?

Scott F

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Scott, those are epic Riveras!

The 1993 Bowman is my absolute favorite Rivera card of all time. My PSA graded version has a crisp, early signature signed in fine sharpie with out smudges, streaking or bubbles. My current collection, always looking for earlier signatures.

IMG_20190123_001618 (1).jpg

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
The Rivera and Mussina are TTM from Spring Training and the Martinez is in-person from a Rangers-Mariners game in 1990.

2B838BD6-CD6E-47D7-BC99-6344CC8E754F.jpeg

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Rivera and Mussina have such classy looking signatures.
It's just scribbles and initials with today's young players.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
First post in about a year- use to love HOF announcement day but I can barely find time to collect nowadays. Hope all my old friends here are well. ;)

RiveraPSAAuto.jpgHalladayPSAAuto.jpg
MussinaPSAAuto.jpgMartinezEPSAAuto.jpg

...oh snap.....my banner needs updating, yikes.....anyone able to do that??

Members online