Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question if you think something is being shill bid.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Ok I am tracking a card and it jumped up higher than it would normally. I decide to look at the bids and though his percentage is down as its only 3% but the question comes with the 13 bid retractions in the last 6 months. Seems excessive especially for a card the was likely to go over that to begin with but probably not as fast as it did. Do you think he is shill bidding his item? Its item #123786008712 please tell me what you think.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I don't see anything out of the ordinary..

the 1997 Gold Finest Gold Embossed Refractors have been going up in value as more and more collectors are getting into the 90's rare cards.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
I don't see anything out of the ordinary..

the 1997 Gold Finest Gold Embossed Refractors have been going up in value as more and more collectors are getting into the 90's rare cards.

The only problem I see is the bid retractions being as high as it is for the bidder who just happened to bid the same amount as the high bidder with 13 bid retractions in the last 6 months. I wasn’t talking about the price it was going to go for more than that already. I know that.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
I looked at this one and from my (limited) knowledge of being shilled, it looks to me like that bidder is probably the seller. There are several suspicious things. Hard to say for sure, but that's my guess.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I looked at this one and from my (limited) knowledge of being shilled, it looks to me like that bidder is probably the seller. There are several suspicious things. Hard to say for sure, but that's my guess.

Another reason I use Gixen.. I put in what I am willing to pay and if I win great.. if I don't there will probably be another card come along as well..

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Another reason I use Gixen.. I put in what I am willing to pay and if I win great.. if I don't there will probably be another card come along as well..

Exactly. I don't retract any of my own bids and don't trust seeing them in auctions I plan to bid upon by mystery bidders. Pay for the small Gixen subscription fee, save money on the back end by not getting shilled and don't miss out on a card because you forgot to bid.

Latest posts