Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Going to be converting FCB to Xenforo soon.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona
So FreedomCardboard.com runs on a forum software called vBulletin. vBulletin as a company has just gone down hill and their software has to. Xenforo is a much better company and product now. Most of the forums out there now have converted over and you probably are a member of a forum that has converted over to Xenforo.

So in the next few weeks, I am going to be converting FCB over to Xenforo. I will give all of you a heads up when this is happening. If you have any questions, please let me know within this thread or privately.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona
I know some of the members have their collections saved, will those convert over or should they save them before the transfer?

Are we talking about them being saved in their albums? If so, yes they will convert over.

There will be some differences from vB to XF(Xenforo). One big one is the private messages. They are called conversions on XF. They are basically forum posts, but privately between 2 of more invited members. Much better system then vB's private messages. Other changes will be more in the profile sections, and ways to upload images to threads/posts. All of you should easily get around the new forum software and I know some of you will dislike it at first. Just give it sometime as most that dislike in the beginning learn to love it in the end. ;)

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
Because **** vbulletin and I need to be able to tell those ****ing kids that grading is ****ing bull**** and their ****ing walmart blaster cards are ****ing worthless.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Is it because of the conversion that it now seems like my login times out after only a few minutes of inactivity? It seems like when I click "submit" after writing a long reply or post, it have to log back in to make the post. (And I've learned to COPY what I've written before refreshing the page!)
What is the auto-logout timeframe?

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona
Is it because of the conversion that it now seems like my login times out after only a few minutes of inactivity? It seems like when I click "submit" after writing a long reply or post, it have to log back in to make the post. (And I've learned to COPY what I've written before refreshing the page!)
What is the auto-logout timeframe?

The site hasn't been converted over yet. It will be hopefully this week!

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I have a music thread, that now just shows links no picture no way to tell what it is unless you click on it.
if this is what it will be, to bad it just killed peoples ability to scroll and pick out what they like.
it was a good run while it lasted. sorry i cant do it the way it is now. thanks guys for all your support.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
@Shaggy, is there a quick button on the "What's New" thread list that will take you straight to the first unread post within a thread? I think this was a little blue circle with an arrow in front of the thread title.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona
@Shaggy, is there a quick button on the "What's New" thread list that will take you straight to the first unread post within a thread? I think this was a little blue circle with an arrow in front of the thread title.

Yes, but you don't have to do that now. It will take a little while to get cookies right, but when you just click on a thread title link, it will take you right to the last unread post within that thread. You won't have to click on the little arrow image like you did on vB.

Members online