Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
Thats right. Good eye!

o7nudrFl.jpg

Now you're tossing in the 82 blackless, you're a crazy guy!

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Got a few jerseys in the works.
2016 All Star jersey
2002 Boston Royal Giants throwback
2018 A's 50th Anniversary team
team name needs to be swapped from white over yellow to Gold over white.20190124_135927.jpeg20190123_175151.jpeg20190117_215711.jpegcut.jpeg

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICKEY!!

I know this thread is probably dead...but I might as well keep it alive with a day-early birthday wish to the best baseball player to ever play this game. Happy Birthday RHH24! And Merry Hendersonmas to everyone, and have a healthy 2020.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
A ridiculous amount of other sport Rickeys... Happy holidays everyone!

O8Lq7Jj.jpg

Never saw this the first go around. Makes me wonder if people would have enjoyed seeing all of the sports each year by Tops with the same design across the sports, or if the different designs across the sport made it more interesting for those that collected outside of one primary sport.

I guess at the time, I never thought about it. Of course, each year you would wait and see what the new design would look like, but I always assumed the other sports would be different from each other. I got started right before Topps basketball disappeared for almost a decade, but did buy baseball and football each year. Only bought hockey one year, 78/79. Not sure if that was because it was never stocked later or I just didn't care at all about hockey? I am guessing it was the former, as I seemed to buy anything card related in the early days.

scott6649

Sep 12, 2017
I definitely think the separate designs make it more exciting to collect. I do have a lot of fun seeing what a card might have looked like with a different sport's design tho. It's also pretty interesting seeing the shared design elements across the sports, sometimes years later. 75 Baseball and Hockey are almost the same, 80-81 basketball uses the 78 baseball cursive, 83 Baseball and Hockey are nearly identical and on and on. And in honor of Rickey, I made cards of a couple of his contemporaries in his rookie design.

dFCSJfKl.jpg

Never saw this the first go around. Makes me wonder if people would have enjoyed seeing all of the sports each year by Tops with the same design across the sports, or if the different designs across the sport made it more interesting for those that collected outside of one primary sport.

I guess at the time, I never thought about it. Of course, each year you would wait and see what the new design would look like, but I always assumed the other sports would be different from each other. I got started right before Topps basketball disappeared for almost a decade, but did buy baseball and football each year. Only bought hockey one year, 78/79. Not sure if that was because it was never stocked later or I just didn't care at all about hockey? I am guessing it was the former, as I seemed to buy anything card related in the early days.

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
Rickey had over 50 SBs in 1982 by this point of the season. June 1st!!! No one had 50 SBs all of last year in MLB. I miss Rickey and BillyBall. Not sure why it hasn't made a comeback, especially for some of those cash-strapped teams.

I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy out there.

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
I'll throw this out there...cuz, why not.
I have 107 out of 140 possible variations of the 2005 Leaf Sportscasters of Rickey. (76%)
I have 44 out of 56 possible variations of the 2005 Donruss Studio Portraits of Rickey. (79%)
I have 28 out of 45 possible variations of the 2005 Donruss Throwback Threads Polo Grounds of Rickey. (62%)
I have 45 out of 88 possible variations of the 2004 Leaf Exhibits of Rickey. (51%)

Plus I have a few doubles of each. Is anyone interested in trading/selling to get me closer to completion on those? :)

Members online

Latest posts