Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UNNUMBERD CARDS THAT ARE A **** TO FIND

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
i have been retired from going after every Bernie card i could find. i have had mostly every top 90's card you could get, except a very few.
i have come to realize, it wasnt acquiring them that gave me the most thrill. It was the chase. The ones that seemed the hardest to find. the real tough ones were unnumberd. many overlooked by collectors when they came out. some were samples, mail in prizes or just crazy varients like pacific use to have. whats some of your tuffest finds and ones your still chasing.

Scan_0003.jpg

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
VERY large collector selling out in Northern NY ----- don't know listing location -- he had ALL Yankees in team breaks for a long time . I know i traded 1000's of Yankees to him in 10 years

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Those are definitely some of the tougher oddballs to find.

The Star Ledger took me a while. I also have the Sportzcubz O'Neill which had been quite tough to track down. One finally came up for auction after many, many years.

I still need many of the mainstream releases as well: Aficionado First Pitch Previews, Pacific Light Blue, Score Yankees Premier, Online Winners, 99 MVP Preview. Those are some of the ones that come to mind.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I discovered that I still need a fairly common Steve Garvey card. I say common, but they don't pop up anymore. I have seen a few on COMC, but for some odd reason, the asking prices are very high for a base card. Maybe it was a SP I was not aware of.

I feel like it is a matter of a card that just isn't worth much, so nobody bothers.

Even now, I can buy the gold for half the price of the base on COMC. Nope....

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
I discovered that I still need a fairly common Steve Garvey card. I say common, but they don't pop up anymore. I have seen a few on COMC, but for some odd reason, the asking prices are very high for a base card. Maybe it was a SP I was not aware of.

I feel like it is a matter of a card that just isn't worth much, so nobody bothers.

Even now, I can buy the gold for half the price of the base on COMC. Nope....

what card ?

Tfangman

Jun 4, 2015
Frank has LOTS of unnumbered stuff that is brutal to find. These 3 stick out in my head.

- 1996 Baerga Softball. Only distributed in Puerto Rico for the celebrity softball game, this is my number one want. Plus the photo is just hilarious.
51B06CA5-CA54-4D86-B2ED-2B0AF29A5986.jpeg

- 2004 EX. This has got to be the single toughest Frank base card. I don’t quite understand why it’s so tough except for maybe this product just wasn’t opened much.
59F8C32A-927B-4D74-98F3-898923C685D8.jpeg
-2005 Upper Deck Flyball. I didn’t know of this card’s existence until last year when I was scouring COMC sold listings. I haven’t seen one in the wild and the unopened wax on eBay is so expensive for two packs.
D13D0967-3CA1-44CE-8CB7-2B30CCB96871.jpeg
Would happily purchase if anyone has these laying around :)

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Pacific with its retail only stuff can be hard, 99 prism red comes to mind. I think it's 2005 fleer glossy gold, those are like unicorns. For my Wakefield collection those are the two unnumbered that come to mind, there's a few samples and things I haven't been able to find but input those in a different category. There is one year I can't find a topps factory set variation, I think it's the foil board from 2011, it's numbered but to like 170...never seen it.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Started to bug me, knew I missed a couple. The fleer glossy gold is 06.
1999 pacific platinum blue
2009 OPC Black Blank Back
2010 sega

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Two from 2005 that are bears to find!

2005 Donruss Diamond King Non-Canvas (20 copies per player) - hard to tell difference from base cards

2005 Zenith Z Gold - look an awful lot like base card, retail only

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Pacific with its retail only stuff can be hard, 99 prism red comes to mind. I think it's 2005 fleer glossy gold, those are like unicorns. For my Wakefield collection those are the two unnumbered that come to mind, there's a few samples and things I haven't been able to find but input those in a different category. There is one year I can't find a topps factory set variation, I think it's the foil board from 2011, it's numbered but to like 170...never seen it.

YES! Those golds are impossible!

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
I'm having trouble with some Pacific retail parallels and these:
1999 Topps MVP Erstad
2003 Topps Trademark Variations Erstad
2006 Fleer Glossy Gold Erstad
2007 Topps Update 1st Edition Erstad
2009 Topps Target Erstad

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Two from 2005 that are bears to find!

2005 Donruss Diamond King Non-Canvas (20 copies per player) - hard to tell difference from base cards

2005 Zenith Z Gold - look an awful lot like base card, retail only

Yes! I made sure to buy those right away because I knew, after a few weeks, they'd get to be near impossible to find.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
1999 Topps MVP Erstad
2009 Topps Target Erstad
The 99 topps mvp promotion I feel really lucky to have the Wakefield. I had pulled an edgardo alfonso from the pack when it was new so I knew how tough they were. When I was starting my Wakefield collection around 2010 I got one very quickly but I don't remember seeing another copy

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
1999 Topps MVP Erstad
2009 Topps Target Erstad

I just checked, I have none of these. My Erstad collection might have a plate or two but I don't think I have anything super tough.

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
here’s a few impossible Puckett’s...

5EFEE747-BEFF-49E1-A1BA-AF54C9F5EAE2.jpeg
This 1988 T&M Sports card Of Puckett has been absolutely impossible for me to find. There’s a matching 8”x10” photo with blank back that’s much easier to find that I already have, but the card is next level difficult to track down. I believe T&M also produced the old umpire sets and tend to believe they may have been regionally released. I only know of 3 or 4 of these cards residing in Puckett collections from the state of Minnesota. I’d love to find one and will pay $150 for it.

1990 Donruss Blue/White test card. I’m not sure if all of the Puckett cards had Steve Sax on the reverse side or if there was another player also available with Puckett as well. I vaguely remember seeing an uncut sheet of these that had a different player than Steve with the Puckett’s. At any rate, I need the blue Puckett/white Steve Sax to go with the reverse that I already have to complete the pair.

1987 Information Baseball - Info Baseball game card. These card games were definitely regionally issued and don’t pop up for sale all that often. I have all years for Puckett except the one that say’s 1987 Annual Edition on the back. I see various years pop up every now and then, but tend to see the Boston Red Sox and Mets sets more frequently than the others. I’ve only seen the 1987 card once in an auction I missed out on.

1989 MSA Holsum Shaefer Bakery Square cut Puckett. I believe a Puckett exists since I’ve seen other players having one available, but can’t recall ever seeing a square example of Puckett yet.

1995 Leaf Statistical Standout unnumbered version. Very HTF variation of the card that I’ve seen a few times. I’d love to find one someday.

honorable mention - 2004 Leaf Exhibits. While the first series are all sequentially numbered and doesn’t exactly fit the title of the thread. The second series were all unnumbered and equally difficult to find. I need only 8 more from either series to complete the Puckett run, with the majority of the 8 coming from series 2.

EtherealSOC

Dec 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
1992 Star Co Ad Card David Justice.

The earliest card on my wantlist and one of only four cards from Justice's years with the Braves that I don't have. Book value? $1. Would gladly buy it for $40 today.

Attachments

• 1992 Ad Card.jpg
    1992 Ad Card.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 19

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
here’s a few impossible Puckett’s...

View attachment 117362
This 1988 T&M Sports card Of Puckett has been absolutely impossible for me to find. There’s a matching 8”x10” photo with blank back that’s much easier to find that I already have, but the card is next level difficult to track down. I believe T&M also produced the old umpire sets and tend to believe they may have been regionally released. I only know of 3 or 4 of these cards residing in Puckett collections from the state of Minnesota. I’d love to find one and will pay $150 for it.

1995 Leaf Statistical Standout unnumbered version. Very HTF variation of the card that I’ve seen a few times. I’d love to find one someday.

honorable mention - 2004 Leaf Exhibits. While the first series are all sequentially numbered and doesn’t exactly fit the title of the thread. The second series were all unnumbered and equally difficult to find. I need only 8 more from either series to complete the Puckett run, with the majority of the 8 coming from series 2.
Man that T&M Puckett looks really familiar. If I had it I would probably never find it. I wouldn't know where to start looking.

I have a couple of the Statistical Standouts. Not sure what players. I'm pretty sure they are numbered though.

I have a few of the 2004 Leaf Exhibits. I'm sure I have already told you which Puckett's I have in another thread.

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
2005 Leaf Orange were only found in blister packs. I have 2 Pujols cards now but looked a long time

2004 Donruss Elite with Aberdeen World Series Embossed Stamp were only given out at Cal Ripken League World Series that year

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts