Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UNNUMBERD CARDS THAT ARE A **** TO FIND

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
Man that T&M Puckett looks really familiar. If I had it I would probably never find it. I wouldn't know where to start looking.

I have a couple of the Statistical Standouts. Not sure what players. I'm pretty sure they are numbered though.

I have a few of the 2004 Leaf Exhibits. I'm sure I have already told you which Puckett's I have in another thread.

I’ve got a $150 PayPal ready for you if you have a 1988 T&M Sports card of Puckett for sale.

I really liked that statistical standout set and would love to find one of those unnumbered versions or even one of the jumbo sheet cuts that may be out in the wild. I have the base, clipped promo and an unclipped promo in my collection now.

As for the 2004 Leaf Exhibits, here’s what I need and I’ll pay $50 per card as long as I need it still.

Series 1 - (2)
1926 Unblocked Legend (1926U)
1939-46 Best Wishes Right (1939-46BWR)

Series 2 - (6) (8 total)
1921 American League (1921AML)
1939-46 Truly Yours Left (1939-46TYL)
1947-66 Made In USA Sig (1947-66MSIG)
1947-66 Printed By Donruss Playoff Print (1947-66PDPSCR)
1947-66 Printed In USA Sig (1947-66PDPSIG)
1962-63 No Stat Name Left (1962-63NSNL)

Thanks,
Jeremy

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
here’s a few impossible Puckett’s...

View attachment 117362
This 1988 T&M Sports card Of Puckett has been absolutely impossible for me to find. There’s a matching 8”x10” photo with blank back that’s much easier to find that I already have, but the card is next level difficult to track down. I believe T&M also produced the old umpire sets and tend to believe they may have been regionally released. I only know of 3 or 4 of these cards residing in Puckett collections from the state of Minnesota. I’d love to find one and will pay $150 for it.

1990 Donruss Blue/White test card. I’m not sure if all of the Puckett cards had Steve Sax on the reverse side or if there was another player also available with Puckett as well. I vaguely remember seeing an uncut sheet of these that had a different player than Steve with the Puckett’s. At any rate, I need the blue Puckett/white Steve Sax to go with the reverse that I already have to complete the pair.

1987 Information Baseball - Info Baseball game card. These card games were definitely regionally issued and don’t pop up for sale all that often. I have all years for Puckett except the one that say’s 1987 Annual Edition on the back. I see various years pop up every now and then, but tend to see the Boston Red Sox and Mets sets more frequently than the others. I’ve only seen the 1987 card once in an auction I missed out on.

1989 MSA Holsum Shaefer Bakery Square cut Puckett. I believe a Puckett exists since I’ve seen other players having one available, but can’t recall ever seeing a square example of Puckett yet.

1995 Leaf Statistical Standout unnumbered version. Very HTF variation of the card that I’ve seen a few times. I’d love to find one someday.

honorable mention - 2004 Leaf Exhibits. While the first series are all sequentially numbered and doesn’t exactly fit the title of the thread. The second series were all unnumbered and equally difficult to find. I need only 8 more from either series to complete the Puckett run, with the majority of the 8 coming from series 2.
I've picked up a fair number of food issue sheets over the past few months, but I've never had the 1989 MSA Holsum/Schaefer, or the 1989 MSA Holsum or the 1989 MSA Ranier Farms.

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
I've picked up a fair number of food issue sheets over the past few months, but I've never had the 1989 MSA Holsum/Schaefer, or the 1989 MSA Holsum or the 1989 MSA Ranier Farms.

Please keep me in mind if you find that Holsum/Schaefer Tim. I’m fortunate to have found the Holsum and Rainer Farm square cuts already.

Ah, Key Food and Weiss Winners discs were very very difficult to find before that one seller listed a bunch of them several years ago. I’ve never seen sheets of those two specifically though, so I don’t think squares exist. I hope not anyway, lol. Anyone know for sure?

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Man that T&M Puckett looks really familiar. If I had it I would probably never find it. I wouldn't know where to start looking.

I have a couple of the Statistical Standouts. Not sure what players. I'm pretty sure they are numbered though.

I have a few of the 2004 Leaf Exhibits. I'm sure I have already told you which Puckett's I have in another thread.
Let me know what exhibits you have. If Jeremy doesn't need them I might.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Does anyone have the 1987 Kraft Sample for their player? They were printed on white stock sheets instead of the gray stock of the Mac and Cheese boxes? I finally got a set and the cards were held together by a rubber band and wrapped in cellophane. It’s so strange that these are showing up in the hobby after 30+ years.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
Does anyone have the 1987 Kraft Sample for their player? They were printed on white stock sheets instead of the gray stock of the Mac and Cheese boxes? I finally got a set and the cards were held together by a rubber band and wrapped in cellophane. It’s so strange that these are showing up in the hobby after 30+ years.

I've seen the set listed. What's your opinion on them? Do they seem legit? I'm not sure I'd pay $100 that was asked for the Sandberg.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
i tried to get a Garvey from one of the two sellers who I believe are essentially price fixing the set, although one seller seems much more reasonable than the other guy who had multiple sets (rubber banded and cell wrapped). I think my interest just caused the price to go up! Most "lesser" HOFers were priced less than Garvey. Well, karma struck when I found one from a different seller who sold it for a couple bucks. I think I grabbed another for around $10 at some point as well. Then, while putting away some stuff, I came upon my kraft sets and discovered I had the white back set the entire time. I have 2 loose Garvey white back singles and the full set, plus a couple other common guys in white back, but don't recall who and they have been sorted away.

I think I probably got it on ebay in the early days, but since i didn't keep records, I haven't a clue where or when I got it. They are not common, but there must be more sets that the advertised 20 or so (same guy price gouging is telling the limited story), in my opinion, if I got one somehow.

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
Were these the store promos that had the corner clipped?

No, they were standard cards without any sequential numbering on the back. Im not sure if they were some sort of proof or unfinished stock. They are definitely different than the promos with clipped corners. Those clipped promos had /5000 stamped on the backs. The one I’m looking for is unnumbered and missing all sequential numbering from the back.

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009

I’ve got a Puckett. It was on my want list forever until I pulled the trigger on one from the seller who’s had them up on eBay for a while.

I like this card, seems legit to me.

87.58a.jpeg. 87.58b.jpeg

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I've seen the set listed. What's your opinion on them? Do they seem legit? I'm not sure I'd pay $100 that was asked for the Sandberg.

I think they are. The rubber band was disintegrating and when I pulled it off, the Murray on the bottom was stained from the rubber band. It seemed legitimately old. I’ll post a picture of the sheet in a minute.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Picture of a sheet of the Kraft samples as compared to the sheet of the Mac and Cheese boxes.

Attachments

• 1 1 1987 Kraft Factory Set Sheet  vs. Food Box Sheet 2a.jpg
    1 1 1987 Kraft Factory Set Sheet vs. Food Box Sheet 2a.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 27

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
i tried to get a Garvey from one of the two sellers who I believe are essentially price fixing the set, although one seller seems much more reasonable than the other guy who had multiple sets (rubber banded and cell wrapped). I think my interest just caused the price to go up! Most "lesser" HOFers were priced less than Garvey. Well, karma struck when I found one from a different seller who sold it for a couple bucks. I think I grabbed another for around $10 at some point as well. Then, while putting away some stuff, I came upon my kraft sets and discovered I had the white back set the entire time. I have 2 loose Garvey white back singles and the full set, plus a couple other common guys in white back, but don't recall who and they have been sorted away.

I think I probably got it on ebay in the early days, but since i didn't keep records, I haven't a clue where or when I got it. They are not common, but there must be more sets that the advertised 20 or so (same guy price gouging is telling the limited story), in my opinion, if I got one somehow.

Here is his story.

I was lucky enough to have the Kraft rep responsible for them come to my table at a card show and offer me a set. Like the couple of dealers he showed them to when he walked in the door with his son, I thought they were just cards cut off boxes. But I had a moment and he told me the paper they were printed on was different than that used to print the boxes.

He said they'd been made for him to give to store managers to keep them interested in Kraft's baseball card promotion. He didn't give them out because the boxes sold themselves. His manager told him to throw them away, but he kept some for himself. I ended up getting the dozen or so sets he had (his son wanted rookie cards).

I think you're probably right that there are more than 15-20 sets, but I think they are pretty rare. Curious to see if anyone else has acquired them.

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
Very cool stuff Tim. That promo sheet looks like players were paired pretty much together like they were on the boxes. I wonder if Kirby has a Ron Darling pair cut together with the white backs? If so, I’d love to have one. We’re the sets you received singles or did you get any sheets as well?

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Very cool stuff Tim. That promo sheet looks like players were paired pretty much together like they were on the boxes. I wonder if Kirby has a Ron Darling pair cut together with the white backs? If so, I’d love to have one. We’re the sets you received singles or did you get any sheets as well?

I got a cut set. The pairs of cards on the sheet share a dotted line, unlike the cards on mac and cheese boxes, so if the samples are cut correctly, you shouldn't be able to get a sample with the dotted lines on all four sides.

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Picture of a sheet of the Kraft samples as compared to the sheet of the Mac and Cheese boxes.
I think I checked already, but I had a stack of the Strawberry pair and thought maybe they were white back. I'll have to find them again and make sure they were not.

Members online