Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Favorite Inexpensive (Junk Era) Inserts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
If you have any that you want to share let's see them.

Unfortunately I purchased a lot of cards in the junk era. While looking through some of the the other day I found these two that I always liked. Same inserts two different years.

1994 Fleer Pro-Visions
1994 Fleer Pro Vision.jpg

1995 Fleer Pro-Visions
1995 Fleer Pro Vision.jpg

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
If you have any that you want to share let's see them.

Unfortunately I purchased a lot of cards in the junk era. While looking through some of the the other day I found these two that I always liked. Same inserts two different years.

1994 Fleer Pro-Visions
View attachment 119063

1995 Fleer Pro-Visions
View attachment 119064
FYI, the other day SCD posted some pics of today's stars done by the same artist.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Some of my favorites:

canseco92fleertl.jpg

1992 Fleer Team Leaders

eck93selectstars.jpg

1993 Select Stars

94scoreboyssummer.jpg
karsay94scoreboys.jpg

1994 Score Boys of Summer

mcgwire95stadring.jpg
95stadringsierra.jpg

1995 Stadium Club Ring Leaders

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I was trying to burn a couple dollars on COMC and I was seeing a sad thing in so many neat inserts that were super cheap. Neat for the buyer, but sad for the sellers. I guess there truly were too many of them. I remember how excited I was to get the 1994 Leaf Frank Thomas slideshow card! 5 card set in each series, if I recall. The cheapest Thomas is now $0.62! I want to say that was a $25 card when the product was new. My how things have changed, but still somehow stayed the same. We are still overpaying for new shiny objects that will be worth a fraction in 5-10 years!

Frank-Thomas.jpgJuan-Gonzalez.jpg

Same goes for the 1994 CC Gold cards. Those were like finding a gold mine. Thomas was a $150 at one point, maybe higher! It was near the height of his popularity and multiple MVP seasons. 1 per pack parallels are still popular and the chance of getting the exact player you want from a pack is steep, but people will sell them for pennies now.

s-l640.jpg

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I was trying to burn a couple dollars on COMC and I was seeing a sad thing in so many neat inserts that were super cheap. Neat for the buyer, but sad for the sellers. I guess there truly were too many of them. I remember how excited I was to get the 1994 Leaf Frank Thomas slideshow card! 5 card set in each series, if I recall. The cheapest Thomas is now $0.62! I want to say that was a $25 card when the product was new. My how things have changed, but still somehow stayed the same. We are still overpaying for new shiny objects that will be worth a fraction in 5-10 years!

View attachment 119093View attachment 119094

Same goes for the 1994 CC Gold cards. Those were like finding a gold mine. Thomas was a $150 at one point, maybe higher! It was near the height of his popularity and multiple MVP seasons. 1 per pack parallels are still popular and the chance of getting the exact player you want from a pack is steep, but people will sell them for pennies now.

View attachment 119095

Love the Slideshow cards. I've been going back and trying to build all those sets I couldn't afford as a broke kid lol.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
94/95 leaf had some awesome stuff Gold Leaf Stars. 95 Donruss was loaded too. 1995 team pinnacle for me alllllll day. Really anything pinnacle/zenith with all the dufex you could handle. 94 fleer smoke n heat...I think it was 94....so much awesomeness. TSC ring leaders was also a favorite. I think it was 95....maybe 96 score big bang? Really cool. I don't have a tone of this stuff left, if I can dig any up I'll post em, maybe go through what's left of my bonds collection, find the early DK, elites and whatnot

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
94/95 leaf had some awesome stuff Gold Leaf Stars. 95 Donruss was loaded too. 1995 team pinnacle for me alllllll day. Really anything pinnacle/zenith with all the dufex you could handle. 94 fleer smoke n heat...I think it was 94....so much awesomeness. TSC ring leaders was also a favorite. I think it was 95....maybe 96 score big bang? Really cool. I don't have a tone of this stuff left, if I can dig any up I'll post em, maybe go through what's left of my bonds collection, find the early DK, elites and whatnot

1994 Fleer Smoke N Heat was the red and orange foil ones right? Just finished that set off last week. Love those.

1995 Zenith Z-Team is awesome too. I finished that one last month.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Big Bang was 1995 and in 1996 Summit. 2 versions Big Bang And Mirage both /600

Last edited:

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008

View attachment 119093View attachment 119094

View attachment 119095
gold Sigs were 1:24

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
1994 Fleer Smoke N Heat was the red and orange foil ones right? Just finished that set off last week. Love those.

1995 Zenith Z-Team is awesome too. I finished that one last month.
That is the joy of the stuff being all over. Back when you had to reply on your local card shops and friends, getting the inserts you wanted was costly. Now everyone and their 6 brothers are dumping them for cheap.

I went back maybe 10 years ago and filled in a lot of inserts across all the sports. Every so often I will find an old wantlist and try to pick away at a few sets, but for the most part I got most of what I wanted. Thankfully, I finished some tougher basketball sets before they took off though.

Members online