Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does anyone have any insight into the current state of the USPS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Very frustrating. I have packages that I sent out December 12 that are still not delivered. They all stopped being updated in the tracking system on the 28th.

On the other hand, fresh mail is currently being delivered on time. I ordered something for the house last week and it’s already been delivered?

I have some cranky buyers that are not being reasonable about this problem. One guy whose bought from me about a dozen times has opened a claim and I’m afraid jm going to lose all this money.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
T, I know personally the Philly main sorting spot in NJ is still pretty locked up from mid-December.

And yeah, the new stuff is fine.

IDK if that helps or not.

PS: Good to see you, hope all is well! Are you still downtown?

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Still weeks behind normal as far as I've seen. For example, I've been waiting on a magazine that was checked into a PO in Pennsylvania on 12/28, no movement on it till 1/12. Several other items have been sitting with no updates for a week or more. All the stuff they did over the summer to stifle delivery is still in effect and then there was Christmas to further bury it.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
You ever see one of those couples with a gigantic guy, like 6'10" 375 lbs of muscle, and a little girl that's barely 5 feet tall? The USPS is the girl, and the combo of COVID, incredibly heavy volume, and Trump's interference are the guy.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
First off, good to see ya still around! Second, I can’t believe people aren’t being reasonable about it, it’s happening everywhere with all the mail, they have to know it’s not just you as a seller. I don’t get it

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
You're far from the only one who has been a victim of slow mail delivery. Luckily all of my packages from December except for 2 have now been delivered. The last tracking info for one was updated on December 14th in Des Moines, Iowa with no updates since then. The destination is Maryland and I'm in Illinois so I have no idea why the package was even directed west to begin with. The other one has a destination to a military base in Oregon and has been "stuck" in Portland Oregon for 3 weeks now with no tracking info since then.

Fortunately, the new packages I've mailed have been delivered in a week or less so I know that I probably should have waited until after the New Year to continue selling but needed some extra cash at the time.

Last edited:

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
Just had a package where the tracking was last updated on December 14th start moving again a month later on January 14th. It's too bad the buyer opened an "item not received" case and I refunded them already a week ago. But fortunately the buyer re-issued payment. If you start selling again now, you should be ok because we're 2 weeks removed from the New Year but instead of 2 to 5 days for First Class USPS shipping, items are taking more like 7 to 10 days still. Not as bad as before, though.

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
I work for the VA's mail order pharmacy and I see the delays all across the board. Mostly in larger USPS sort facilities like St. Louis, Philly, Birmingham and especially Greensboro, NC. Obviously peak season combined with COVID staffing issues have created a backlog of parcels in these facilities and we are seeing some parcels making it to these areas just to sit for a month before they start moving. As a few others have said, the more recent parcels are showing better movement while the older packages are being dug out. We switched our delivery method from USPS to UPS 2nd day in those areas hit the hardest, it costs more, but gets the packages there on time. We will continue to do this until those facilities catch up and we are seeing the delays become fewer as peak season has ended. Good luck and hopefully everyone will be patient, we are all in the same boat!

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Sent packages out around new years and the buyer confirmed last week they've finally arrived...I'm still waiting on a package from a private signing I've participated in. I sent away for it at the end of November!! The promoter is beyond reputable, and it's USPS being garbage as usual...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I'm starting to see stuff that has been hung up for a month moving and arriving. I got 5 packages in today that have been in limbo for at least three weeks.

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
Mail delivery is always slower in December but I think that in 2020 coupled with the coronavirus pandemic it was especially slow. Luckily I don't have to earn my living selling on eBay as it's just a side hobby for me and I feel bad for sellers where that is their main source of income.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I'm very lucky that I haven't had any customers on my mail route get upset with me over delayed mail or packages. It's happening all over the place, and there have been more assaults over this than you'd want to imagine. On the contrary, my customers tend to understand exactly what is going and and who is responsible, and why. I have one card that's probably sitting in the Philly DC for the last five weeks, and a Christmas present for my wife that's been out for six weeks.

It's gonna be a bit longer until this is all straightened out; most areas are fine but the ones that aren't are still buried under weeks of ****. Impossible things are being asked of people who are overworked in understaffed plants that still don't have all the machines up and running. Picture a McDonalds during lunch rush, run by three people, who only have one fryer, a microwave, and the drive-thru register to work with. And two of them are required by order of the CEO that they need to leave by 1:30. Oh, and that CEO owns a gigantic stake in Burger King, but somehow doesn't know anything about McD's. That's the USPS right now, until we get to clean house upstairs.

Members online

Latest posts