Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Autographed baseball books

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I'm loving Bobby Richardson's autographed copy of Impact Player! So I decided to purchase another autographed book. Just got off the phone with Ken Berry. He put a note in my last TTM return about calling him about ordering his book "Comeback". In talking with him, it is baseball themed fiction, with some actual personal experiences intertwined. You can send $20 for a signed copy. If you want to talk with him about it, his number is 785-633-6837. If you talk to him, tell him that Danny from Roanoke,VA recommended it!

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Danny, have you read Richardson’s other autobiography, The Bobby Richardson Story, that he wrote in 1965 while he was still playing? Great book. He wrote it a year before his sudden and surprising retirement at age 30.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Danny, have you read Richardson’s other autobiography, The Bobby Richardson Story, that he wrote in 1965 while he was still playing? Great book. He wrote it a year before his sudden and surprising retirement at age 30.
Don't think I have.....will have to look it up!

dstrawberryfan39

Oct 16, 2013
I'm loving Bobby Richardson's autographed copy of Impact Player! So I decided to purchase another autographed book. Just got off the phone with Ken Berry. He put a note in my last TTM return about calling him about ordering his book "Comeback". In talking with him, it is baseball themed fiction, with some actual personal experiences intertwined. You can send $20 for a signed copy. If you want to talk with him about it, his number is 785-633-6837. If you talk to him, tell him that Danny from Roanoke,VA recommended it!
Hey Danny. How did you order his book? Please let me know. I want to get one!

Chris

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Hey Danny. How did you order his book? Please let me know. I want to get one!

Chris

Richardson sent it after I had sent $30 to have 3 cards signed. I was completely surprised. I guess you could write him and ask how much he would charge for a signed copy

dstrawberryfan39

Oct 16, 2013
Richardson sent it after I had sent $30 to have 3 cards signed. I was completely surprised. I guess you could write him and ask how much he would charge for a signed copy
As always thank you my friend!!

deaconblues63

Oct 25, 2012
I was thinking about starting a topic on autographed baseball books, but I found this one from Dano to use instead.

Here is a really useful link for collectors of autographed books.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I have a few auto books. I am much more of a "flats" guy though, and books take up a lot of space (although I have a ton of them anyway).

Most are fairly new acquisitions (last decade or less). Off the top of my head, I have books signed by:

Steve Garvey
Rod Carew
Peter Guber (Not baseball related book, but he is part of current Dodgers ownership)
Rex Barney
The Boys of Summer (signed by various)
Marcus Allen
Lou Gorman

I also have bad experience about not getting a Cal ripken book from BN, when some sort of malfunction screwed me out of a cheap one. It was one of his kid story books, so no major loss, since I have his Donruss Elite auto anyway.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I have the same Mantle book, and like you, Deaconblues, I got it signed IP for the cost of the book.

I also have about 120 other signed baseball books, photos of which used to be in my photobucket account (you all probably know what happened there). They sit in the basement library at my folks’ house; I need to motivate and re-photo/scan them sometime.

Members online