Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question on a Mantle Post Cereal PSA sub...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona
I have the 1962 Post Cereal ad from Life Mag of Mantle and Maris. I know I can PSA submit them with the Post ad on it, but it also has the Life Subscription post still attached to it aswell. I haven't seen any pics of the Life subscription paper still attached in PSA slabs. Should I just pull it off and just submit the normal Mantle/Maris Post Cereal cards, or submit the whole thing and see what PSA does?

20210325_123252.jpg

Last edited:

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
I have the 1962 Post Cereal ad from Life Mag of Mantle and Maris. I know I can PSA submit them with the Post ad on it, but it also has the Life Subscription post still attached to it aswell. I haven't seen any pics of the Life subscription paper still attached in PSA slabs. Should I just pull it off and just submit the normal Mantle/Maris Post Cereal cards, or submit the whole thing and see what PSA does?

View attachment 122744
Does PSA offer a "Really Tall Boy Slab?"

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona
Does PSA offer a "Really Tall Boy Slab?"

This would be a tall ball and then some with the added Life sub tab. They do make slabs that will fit the normal mantle and post ad, but never seen one that would also fit the life sub tab.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
I hope they have something big enough that'll work out for you Shaggy so you don't have to separate any of it.

This reminds me though of one of those "nice little finds" that I came across years ago.
I walked into an old antique store back in the early 2000s looking for this Life magazine, April 13, 1962 with Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor on the front.
The lady who owned the place had a lot of Life magazines so I started looking through them and lo and behold they had it, and the entire ad was still attached inside. When I asked the lady how much she wanted for it she said $3. I couldn't get the money out of my pocket fast enough!

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
P.S.
Please let us know what PSA says if you do send it in. Make sure you tell them not to break it up. Can you call them and find out?

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona
P.S.
Please let us know what PSA says if you do send it in. Make sure you tell them not to break it up. Can you call them and find out?

That's what I might have to do. If they don't have an option, I'll just leave it as is.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona
I hope they have something big enough that'll work out for you Shaggy so you don't have to separate any of it.

This reminds me though of one of those "nice little finds" that I came across years ago.
I walked into an old antique store back in the early 2000s looking for this Life magazine, April 13, 1962 with Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor on the front.
The lady who owned the place had a lot of Life magazines so I started looking through them and lo and behold they had it, and the entire ad was still attached inside. When I asked the lady how much she wanted for it she said $3. I couldn't get the money out of my pocket fast enough!

That's the mag I own that it was in.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
The choices are two options- with Post tab, or with the perforated Life Magazine subscription
Not sure if they allow the folder. I do know the extra large framed Milk Duds and Burger Chef Fun meal box items PSA will fold over or professionally cut them

I'll check with a certain PSA Mantle collector friend of mine who I know would a) love the item and b) know what to do with it. Stay Tuned.

jeff

On another note- hate this new set up. Was a lot easier to locate what I needed. Now I have to keep tabbing dot dot dot add ins. I'll get used to it, but hey change sucks :cautious:

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona
The choices are two options- with Post tab, or with the perforated Life Magazine subscription
Not sure if they allow the folder. I do know the extra large framed Milk Duds and Burger Chef Fun meal box items PSA will fold over or professionally cut them

I'll check with a certain PSA Mantle collector friend of mine who I know would a) love the item and b) know what to do with it. Stay Tuned.

jeff

On another note- hate this new set up. Was a lot easier to locate what I needed. Now I have to keep tabbing dot dot dot add ins. I'll get used to it, but hey change sucks :cautious:

What new setup? What do you mean dot to dot to for?

Thanks jeff for asking your friend.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
This is how PSA will do the fold over.
You'll pay the grading fee plus another 30 for the oversized slab.0_h8c63awf5j1x.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
OK if you do slab your version like the Canadian version I showed above, I have several offline PSA Mantle registry guys who'd buy it- food for thought. Those guys pay well.

And on the dot dot dot comment- see my pic attached. In the past the bolding, capitalized, etc with smilies appeared as a single line above the post. Now its I guess geared solely to phone users and shows these dots I circled. I now have to perform extra steps to do the same amount of work. I'm getting used to it but the only real complaint right now I have is if I try and delete , say a line, by highlighting and backspace, I can't even see the damn grey area that should be highlighted. I have to guess I've done it. And the preview- forget it. No comment on what I think of it.

new FCB.jpg