Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MrMopar's First* Annual Baseball's Back Contest - No true winner, but dano7 & aanewport are WINNERS of consolation prizes!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Special mention goes to new member @spurstuff, who clearly did not read the rules and was rightly disqualified.

ycSsWp1h4d0RXhme4egoKD7rIU1glrTmY_faEIL1TVef4sWZ-sA8IMV4GArJbOn8kAwmYgxPb4DSl1tuhKKQxXcqgoWa1-JuoX3tFp_nel516DST3_EHdqJ2XAesbJPvScc8sW3rW5xP57M38VVXxqlFH-WfC0wcIhU

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Our resident contest master, Chris @cjedmonton has approached me to add some prizes to my contest, since it is a long runner with no gusto in the middle. i love the idea and welcome his touch on this game. We are discussing the details and once it is settled, he or I will post the details.

This is open to those who have already entered only.

More to come shortly.

@Letch77
@bstanwood
@MrMet
@gamecockfanatic
@chippernate
@Randy Shields
@Austin
@Dazed
@banjar
@JVHaste
@thelesquad
@dano7
@WizardofOz1982
@popguynyc
@aanewport

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Since the season started, it DEFINITELY will end.....just when!
Sorry, I meant the winner, if we have one. This contest does require someone's pick to be the overall MLB leader in that stat category. It is possible nobody picks correctly. However, I did add that I don't want to see this contest run a full season and not have some sort of prize(s) awarded, so no matter what, someone will win something in this contest.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Sorry, I meant the winner, if we have one. This contest does require someone's pick to be the overall MLB leader in that stat category. It is possible nobody picks correctly. However, I did add that I don't want to see this contest run a full season and not have some sort of prize(s) awarded, so no matter what, someone will win something in this contest.
I knew what you meant....just me being a bit difficult!

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
With the @mrmopar blessing, here is the mini-game he mentioned to help maintain interest between now and the end of the season.

This is only open to those who already entered his contest.

I’ll try to keep the rules as brief as possible.

1. If your player is leading or is tied for the league lead in their category through the end of a calendar month, you are eligible to play this mini-game for a chance to win a bonus prize.

2. This will run April-August.

3. The prize value is cumulative and slightly increases from one month to the next. HOWEVER, you must decide each time if you want to cash out or let it ride. Letting it ride means you think your player will maintain their lead or tie for the lead through the next calendar month. See Prize section below.

4. I will post the monthly leaders for each league/category on the 1st of each month and will tag your username to confirm your eligibility.

5. Eligible contestants must confirm their choice in this thread by the 2nd of the month. For example, if your player is leading their category through April, you must confirm in this thread if you want to cash out or let it ride through May by May 2nd.

Otherwise, you win nothing and are eliminated from the mini-game.

6. You can only play the mini-game ONCE and can only cash out ONCE.

7. Once you start the mini-game and either cash out or have your streak broken, that’s it. Your mini-game is over.

EXAMPLE

Letch77 has Freddie Freeman as the NL hits leader.

Assume Freeman is the leader through May, but Letch wants to let it ride through June.

If Freeman drops out of the lead through June, he wins nothing and his mini-game is over, even if Freeman re-emerges as the leader at a later month in the season.

Had Freeman maintained the lead through June, Letch can choose to collect both the May and June prize, or let it ride again through July. If he cashes out, his mini-game is over. If he lets it ride through July, but Freeman loses his lead, his mini-game is over.

Had Letch cashed out for May instead, he would have collected the May prize and his mini-game is over.

PRIZES

April: $10
May: $15
June: $20
July: $25
August: $30

Again, prizes are cumulative, but are not guaranteed in any way unless your player emerges to lead for the first time through August. The mini-game ends Aug 31st, so no need to let it ride beyond then.

The maximum payout per contestant is $100, but that involves a wire-to-wire leader with the contestant letting it ride each time. That is very unlikely, but would be exciting to watch unfold.

This is a VERY simple game to play...especially since we are only tracking 14 players.

However, you must be engaged to have a chance to win. No automatic payouts unless you actively confirm in the thread if you are cashing out or letting it ride each month...and only if your player is leading their category at the end of the previous month.

Any questions, just ask! Good luck to all.

@mrmopar

Thanks for the green light to join your great contest!

Last edited:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Nice idea!

With the @mrmopar blessing, here is the mini-game he mentioned to help maintain interest between now and the end of the season.

This is only open to those who already entered his contest.

I’ll try to keep the rules as brief as possible.

1. If your player is leading or is tied for the league lead in their category through the end of a calendar month, you are eligible to play this mini-game for a chance to win a bonus prize.

2. This will run April-August.

3. The prize value is cumulative and slightly increases from one month to the next. HOWEVER, you must decide each time if you want to cash out or let it ride. Letting it ride means you think your player will maintain their lead or tie for the lead through the next calendar month. See Prize section below.

4. I will post the monthly leaders for each league/category on the 1st of each month and will tag your username to confirm your eligibility.

5. Eligible contestants must confirm their choice in this thread by the 2nd of the month. For example, if your player is leading their category through April, you must confirm in this thread if you want to cash out or let it ride through May by May 2nd.

Otherwise, you win nothing and are eliminated from the mini-game.

6. You can only play the mini-game ONCE and can only cash out ONCE.

7. Once you start the mini-game and either cash out or have your streak broken, that’s it. Your mini-game is over.

EXAMPLE

Letch77 has Freddie Freeman as the NL hits leader.

Assume Freeman is the leader through May, but Letch wants to let it ride through June.

If Freeman drops out of the lead through June, he wins nothing and his mini-game is over, even if Freeman re-emerges as the leader at a later month in the season.

Had Freeman maintained the lead through June, Letch can choose to collect both the May and June prize, or let it ride again through July. If he cashes out, his mini-game is over. If he lets it ride through July, but Freeman loses his lead, his mini-game is over.

Had Letch cashed out for May instead, he would have collected the May prize and his mini-game is over.

PRIZES

Again, prizes are cumulative, but are not guaranteed in any way unless your player emerges to lead for the first time through August. The mini-game ends Aug 31st, so no need to let it ride beyond then.

The maximum payout per contestant is $100, but that involves a wire-to-wire leader with the contestant letting it ride each time. That is very unlikely, but would be exciting to watch unfold.

This is a VERY simple game to play...especially since we are only tracking 14 players.

However, you must be engaged to have a chance to win. No automatic payouts unless you actively confirm in the thread if you are cashing out or letting it ride each month...and only if your player is leading their category at the end of the previous month.

Any questions, just ask! Good luck to all.

@mrmopar

Thanks for the green light to join your great contest!

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Mid-April Mini-Game Update:

Hits (H)
Freeman (209) - Letch77 t-56th in NL
LeMahieu (204) - bstanwood t-23rd in AL
NcNeil (210) - MrMet t-122nd in NL
Merrifield (213) - gamecockfanatic t-8th in AL

Home Runs (HR)
Acuna (47) - chippernate 1st in NL
Ozuna (44) - Randy Shields t-56th in NL
Trout (48) - Austin t-5th in AL

Runs Batter In (RBI)
Abreau, J (138) - Dazed t-21st in AL
Arenado (130) - banjar t-17th in NL

Wins (W)
Bauer (21) -JVHaste t-2nd in NL
Bieber (19) - thelesquad t-16th in AL
Cole (20) - dano7 t-3rd in AL

Strikeouts (K)
Cole (297) - WizardofOz1982 t-2nd in AL

Saves (S)
Hand (31) - popguynyc t-12th in NL
Hendricks(36) - aanewport t-13th in AL

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Okay, April is in the books. Here’s how your players stacked up:

Hits (H)
Freeman (22) - Letch77 t-30th in NL
LeMahieu (26) - bstanwood t-22nd in AL
NcNeil (11) - MrMet t-124th in NL
Merrifield (26) - gamecockfanatic t-22nd in AL

Home Runs (HR)
Acuna (8) - chippernate t-1st in NL
Ozuna (3) - Randy Shields t-43rd in NL
Trout (6) - Austin t-12th in AL

Runs Batter In (RBI)
Abreau, J (19) - Dazed t-7th in AL
Arenado (15) - banjar t-19th in NL

Wins (W)
Bauer (3) -JVHaste t-3rd in NL
Bieber (3) - thelesquad t-7th in AL
Cole (4) - dano7 t-1st in AL

Strikeouts (K)

Cole (62) - WizardofOz1982 2nd in AL

Saves (S)
Hand (3) - popguynyc t-11th in NL
Hendricks(5) - aanewport t-4th in AL

Congrats to:

@chippernate
@dano7

Your players are tied for the lead in your chosen category through April.

You have until May 2nd to decide if you want to cash out with the $10 April prize or let it ride through May for a chance at a bigger prize.

Please post your choice in this thread, but please do not edit that post.

If you do not make a choice by May 2nd, your mini-game is over and you win nothing.

Thanks and good luck to all in May!

PRIZES

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Mid-May Mini-Game Update:

Hits (H)