Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1993 Pinnacle Cooperstown PROMO question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
So finally, one of my friends is thinking about selling some of his 1993 Cooperstown promo cards (not the dufex version).

He has some of the big boys I believe like Griffey Thomas Henderson Mattingly plus others.

Can you guys give me some past sales numbers? I know there's super collectors here who probably have their guy.

My friend is hesitant because he won't auction them, would rather just put a fair BIN/BO. There's just about no.completed sales on ebay to go off of.

Thanks

Below is what these cards look like 20210621_181830.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
I'm looking for the Sandberg if he has it. The only history I could find were from 2005 - one for $38 and one for $24. For the most part, it seems Junior fetches the most money from the set (not surprising).

MatthewN

Sep 30, 2015
Coralville, IA
If I were going to list my Puckett I would put it at $500 and field offers. I feel like it would get somewhere around $300.
I think that's fair. I think I got my Puckett for about $100 3.5 years ago, and it has a big ol' crease in it, but I was just happy to land one at a decent price, even if damaged.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
So my friend has decided to test the waters with a Griffey for now and see how it goes.

I'm probably going to take it to the National and see if I can move it there.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
When something is scarce enough and the demand is high, it seems auction is really the only way to go. The sky can be the limit, but there is a chance you won't do as well. That is where i think if the scarcity factor is there as is the demand, you should still do well. Stealing anything off ebay anymore is rare. People always find the good stuff and you have millions of eyes watching.

I am in the same boat with my Frito Dodgers Ticket Folders. They almost never come up and I have seen sales reaching into the $1000 range for "commons". I paid next to nothing for mine, but feel like if I were to sell them, I'd want to get as much out of them as possible, and setting an asking price is just setting me up to leave $ on the table if I am not cautious with my pricing.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I was randomly thinking about the Cooperstown promos this morning. Just curious, any follow-up on how this went or if others were sold?
I knew it would be very hard to sell at the national as so few know the card, scarcity and value. One guy had a bunch of the dufex versions which are much easier to find than the regular promos.

The card is with comc and is cross listed between their site and ebay.

If anyone has interest, DON'T buy it from ebay, go to Comc and offer me a price, which I'll run by my friend.

Not only does Comc mark up the exact same card when it's listed on ebay, they don't take offers on ebay.

miked211

Dec 20, 2009
Try to talk him into letting go of the Murphy. I’d pay handsomely. Way more than the Griffey

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
I've never even seen the Clemens Dufex, never mind the PROMO.... there's a Dawson PROMO up now on fleabay for 120 opening, BIN @ 200.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I've never even seen the Clemens Dufex, never mind the PROMO.... there's a Dawson PROMO up now on fleabay for 120 opening, BIN @ 200.

Roger-Clemens.jpg
1993 Pinnacle Cooperstown Card - Promos #18 - Roger Clemens
Courtesy of COMC.com

I briefly owned this. Several years ago, I bought it on COMC for $1, and ended up selling it to someone here.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I knew it would be very hard to sell at the national as so few know the card, scarcity and value. One guy had a bunch of the dufex versions which are much easier to find than the regular promos.

The card is with comc and is cross listed between their site and ebay.

If anyone has interest, DON'T buy it from ebay, go to Comc and offer me a price, which I'll run by my friend.

Not only does Comc mark up the exact same card when it's listed on ebay, they don't take offers on ebay.

I discovered this early on. Sometimes when I see it on ebay, I rush right over to COMC to buy it afraid others are doing the same.

miked211

Dec 20, 2009
Just wanted to bump an old thread and see if your friend did have a Dale Murphy promo.
I would love to make an offer on it.

Members online