Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone here get SCD in print?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Just picked up the national edition and it got me thinking about subscribing again.

So what's scd like now?

Is it similar to the national issue with many articles (not interested in the ads) or how it's been for most of these decades, paper thin with a couple upcoming auction stories and that's it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
I have never had a subscription but pick up issues with Puckett on the cover. I am still missing a bunch of them though.

popguynyc

Feb 11, 2012
Had a subscription for a couple years in the late 70s. Was really the only source of content. Always a fun read and cool ads. But that was 100 years ago!!

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
I remember when SCD was 100 pages or more a week. In the late 90's it was down to about 25 pages a week. There was one dealer who had multi page ad's for fake autographs every week. Like Joe Jackson. A bunch of Babe Ruth used game balls.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
My friend's father used to get it back in the 80s and once that friend showed it to me, I was totally hooked.

Probably was a subscriber from 1986 until late 90s.

I learned an OBSCENE amount of card knowledge from SCD.

I know it's only $26 for 24 issues but if it's like it's been for last couple of decades, I have probably zero interest.

Used to send out a free issue, but now it's a free digital issue.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

sabrgeek

Apr 10, 2010
in the early 1990's SCD could be 400 pages or MORE a week. Obviously, as print has scaled back the magazine pages are nowhere near where they used to be. I'm personally fine just reading the articles on line but there are still a decent number of subscribers left and for things like a show calendar it's worth paying attention to them. Note at the recent NSCC, one of their advertisers had to be the one handing out magazines as they had no other presence.

deaconblues63

Oct 25, 2012
I remember when SCD was 100 pages or more a week. In the late 90's it was down to about 25 pages a week. There was one dealer who had multi page ad's for fake autographs every week. Like Joe Jackson. A bunch of Babe Ruth used game balls.

That was Coach's Corner.

One of the reasons I let my subscription lapse was because they accepted advertising from those crooks. Week after week, they had autographs from some of rarest and most valuable signers ever.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
That was Coach's Corner.

One of the reasons I let my subscription lapse was because they accepted advertising from those crooks. Week after week, they had autographs from some of rarest and most valuable signers ever.
Coach's Corner is still in business selling their fake crap. :poop:

Members online