Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Has anyone purchased cards from COMC on eBay recently?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
Just wondering if anyone here has purchased any cards from Check Out My Cards on eBay recently and if so, how long did it take you to receive the card(s)? I have my eye on a couple of cards but don't want to buy if they'll take months to get to me.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I placed an order on Sept 1 with COMC to have a couple dozen cards from my account shipped to me. Estimated ship date is Dec 27. Maybe it's because I live in Canada?

Sent from my SM-A715W using Tapatalk

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I placed an order on Sept 1 with COMC to have a couple dozen cards from my account shipped to me. Estimated ship date is Dec 27. Maybe it's because I live in Canada?

Sent from my SM-A715W using Tapatalk

Nah, I live in the same city as one of their locations and if I were to submit an economy shipping request today my estimated ship date would be January 3.

I requested economy shipping on some cards July 14 and at the time the estimated ship date was November 4; the ship date has moved around and was at one time in mid-September but it keeps moving back and is at October 1 now. I figure they'll probably actually ship mid-October so that would be a 3 month wait. Unacceptable, but a lot better than they were doing early this year. You can at least see how many cards are ahead of your order now, I think it was like 1.2 million in July and is currently 467,000. Nice to at least see the number going down instead of having no idea what was going on.

Sounds like the eBay shipping is completely fine now, though.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
Yeah, the only reason eBay is faster is because their reputation is more exposed than purchasing through their own site.

If they had a feedback option on their own site, I'm pretty sure they'd get their sh!t together. Maybe not, though.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I am trying to find a card or two that I want to spend the last of my credit on so I can request a final shipment. Since I had a couple cards left that I didn't want to abandon after my last debacle, I went ahead and added credit a couple times and bought a bunch of cheapie cards, knowing I'd have to suffer through one last shipment wait no matter what.

I just checked minutes ago and my shipment, if requested today, with the standard processing is estimated to ship Jan 3, and like Dilferules, I am only a couple dozen miles away from their home. Not that it matters one way or another, but if I could pick up the damn cards in person, this would be a non-issue.

As far as I am concerned, they are not getting better. People are continuing to just accept subpar service from them under the guise of them being backed up still. They have had months to improve and it's not happening fast enough to impress me.

I hate to lose a way to consolidate cheap cards, but I just don't want to wait 3 months or more when I am ready to take possession. Maybe I come back later, way down the road, maybe my collecting continues to dwindle and we never cross paths again. Only time will tell...I won't count them out entirely, but for now, we are done.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
It seems COMC is now doing ebay auctions. Not just the fixed price listings which already appeared on COMC itself, but actual auctions.

So it seems these clowns had the manpower to add this new feature to their online business, but still refuse to ship cards to the *members of their actual website* in anything less than 4 months.

Do I have this right?

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
It seems COMC is now doing ebay auctions. Not just the fixed price listings which already appeared on COMC itself, but actual auctions.

So it seems these clowns had the manpower to add this new feature to their online business, but still refuse to ship cards to the *members of their actual website* in anything less than 4 months.

Do I have this right?

They started doing auctions in late 2019 so that was before this mess.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010

Do I have this right?
You are right about the clown part!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I don't remember when they started, but it wasn't too long ago. I have won a couple items in the past and transferred them to my portfolio, but after the last fiasco with 4 month shipping from the port, I would just pay the s/h\, expect the card in a couple weeks and be done with it.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
If you buy from them through eBay, they have to ship right away.

I ordered a batch from them in February, still hadn't received in August, so I finally canceled. Had to jump through a ton of hoops, but it was worth it, considering I paid February prices for September to October cards.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Are y’all talking about wait times after hitting eBay BINs? There are 5-6 cards I want and am contemplating it *if* they could ship out within 7 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I think so. It's cheaper to BIN from a price of item standpoint and that used to be the way to go, but ever since they can't ship cards in less than 4 months from their site, ebay is probably worth the extra couple bucks to only have to way 2-4 weeks for a package!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I am just reminded of another stupid miss for COMC. The offer program has no means for a short note between buyer and seller. WHY?

I made an offer the other day to use up the last of my credit so I can start the painful 4 month wait for my cards. I have 2.41 left. I made an offer on a card that was 2.75. The guy countered with 2.50. I would normally buy it no problem for 2.50, but I don't have it! I can't just add 9 cents either. If I dip into my s/h money to pay the 9 cents more, then I have to load more $$$ and I think $10 is the minimum.

I don't know if this guy would even budge on the 9 cents, but if he knew that was all I had, maybe he'd go for it. Now I have to reject the offer and he'll probably think I am a cheap ass over 9 cents!

Anyone know samjams3???? I have bought a bunch from the guy over the years on COMC, but have no idea who his is.

delsant2

May 29, 2010
I am just reminded of another stupid miss for COMC. The offer program has no means for a short note between buyer and seller. WHY?

I made an offer the other day to use up the last of my credit so I can start the painful 4 month wait for my cards. I have 2.41 left. I made an offer on a card that was 2.75. The guy countered with 2.50. I would normally buy it no problem for 2.50, but I don't have it! I can't just add 9 cents either. If I dip into my s/h money to pay the 9 cents more, then I have to load more $$$ and I think $10 is the minimum.

I don't know if this guy would even budge on the 9 cents, but if he knew that was all I had, maybe he'd go for it. Now I have to reject the offer and he'll probably think I am a cheap ass over 9 cents!

Anyone know samjams3???? I have bought a bunch from the guy over the years on COMC, but have no idea who his is.
Don't cancel your offer, just accept the $2.50. I went through the exact same issue a week or two ago. So I bought the minimum $10 in store credit to have enough to ship. Then I requested a refund or "cashed-out" the remaining credit. Only took a few days to have the refund credited to my card and no fee was taken out, since the amount in my account was less than 30 days old, and not from sales I made on their website. So you can technically do that, get the card you want AND get back every penny of COMC credit you had left. But that's just my two cents.

Also, agreed, ridiculous there can be NO communication between buyer and seller. Considering already HAS the cards in hand, there is no way for the buyer and seller to do business outside their site.....like can happen on eBay sometimes.

And I also bought plenty from samjams as well, but unfortunately can't help you track the guy down outside the website.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I prefer the no communication, but then again I'm antisocial, I prefer not communicating with anybody if it can be helped.

I'm more apt to make an offer if I can't hear back from the guy about how much he has in on it, or how I'm breaking his balls or some other whining/insulting.

Members online