Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

November 2022 - New Arrivals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Chris Carter. s-l1600-2.jpg

Barry Sanders AP Gold Au. Sanders.jpg

Rocket. Ismail.jpg

AC Green, Jerry Stackhouse and Alex English Old Schools. s-l1600-1.jpgs-l1600-3.jpgs-l1600.jpg

Pretty happy about this one. Aside from co-creator Donald Bellisario and Orson Welles (the voice of Robin Masters, before his death), I now have signatures from all of the primary and most of the secondary, reoccuring characters (10+ episodes and many with fewer appearances) from Magnum PI, the GREATEST TV show ever created! Glenn Cannon played Doc Ibold in 14 episodes. He lived most of his life on Hawaii (1968 until his death in 2013) and was active at the University of Hawaii as a drama teacher and theater after his Magnum days, but his signature seems a bit tricky to find. I can't even really be sure this is legit, as I have not seen one before, but it came from a seller of celebrity autos and also came with a Mears auction listing that it presumably originated from. It's a play booklet/program from a play Cannon starred in. I only spent $30 on it, so happy about that and if it turns out to be fake, it won't kill me.3_6_f_full.jpgG Cannon Magnum.jpg

BucCollector

Apr 25, 2012
Interesting mailday. Eleven cards from the Notre Dame 2010-11 WBB team, sponsored by Notre Dame Science. Each card has a multiple-choice question about breast cancer on the back. The cards include three members of the coaching staff, but not then-Head Coach Muffet McGraw; also missing are Skylar Diggins and the team's three seniors - so I think there must be more out there. Anyone know anything?

PXL_20221122_142907673.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
112222-1.jpg 112222-2.jpg
2008 Topps Heritage Chrome Black Refractors of Rich Harden and Daric Barton, both /59. And a big rookie auto pickup, 2010 Topps Chrome Red Refractor Josh Donaldson 23/25. I know a lot of people would run screaming from an 8 but the centering doesn't bother me at all, pretty common issue in that set. And the bit of a streaky autograph doesn't bug me, at least not nearly as much as a slightly faded signature would.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Interesting mailday. Eleven cards from the Notre Dame 2010-11 WBB team, sponsored by Notre Dame Science. Each card has a multiple-choice question about breast cancer on the back. The cards include three members of the coaching staff, but not then-Head Coach Muffet McGraw; also missing are Skylar Diggins and the team's three seniors - so I think there must be more out there. Anyone know anything?

View attachment 343790
Saw your WNBA card site. I bought some of the first year WNBA Pinnacle cards (Think they were in cans if I recall) and then just stopped. Of course it was right around the time I was kicking the pack habit anyway, so probably good I didn't continue. Been filling in some of the better players/HOFers when I can find bargains.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
112322.jpg
This might be my last one for a while, I'm going on a vacation next week and slowed down my purchasing in preparation for being away. I have another card incoming but I don't think it'll be here before I leave. This one is a 2000 Stadium Club Chrome First Day Mark Mulder, 069/100. I have 5 of 9 cards in the team set, these are a bit tough to find 22 years after they were released. Even tougher are the First Day Refractor cards, numbered/25. I think I only have one of those.

BucCollector

Apr 25, 2012
This might be my last one for a while, I'm going on a vacation next week and slowed down my purchasing in preparation for being away. I have another card incoming but I don't think it'll be here before I leave. This one is a 2000 Stadium Club Chrome First Day Mark Mulder, 069/100. I have 5 of 9 cards in the team set, these are a bit tough to find 22 years after they were released. Even tougher are the First Day Refractor cards, numbered/25. I think I only have one of those.

Safe travels!

BucCollector

Apr 25, 2012
Pretty happy about this one. Aside from co-creator Donald Bellisario and Orson Welles (the voice of Robin Masters, before his death), I now have signatures from all of the primary and most of the secondary, reoccuring characters (10+ episodes and many with fewer appearances) from Magnum PI, the GREATEST TV show ever created! Glenn Cannon played Doc Ibold in 14 episodes. He lived most of his life on Hawaii (1968 until his death in 2013) and was active at the University of Hawaii as a drama teacher and theater after his Magnum days, but his signature seems a bit tricky to find. I can't even really be sure this is legit, as I have not seen one before, but it came from a seller of celebrity autos and also came with a Mears auction listing that it presumably originated from. It's a play booklet/program from a play Cannon starred in. I only spent $30 on it, so happy about that and if it turns out to be fake, it won't kill me.

I think this calls for a Magnum thread.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Think I really need to slow this trend down a bit. Lots of $ spent recently, backfilling so nice items. Still, unsustainable at this rate.

Nothing too exciting today though.

Otis. Sistruck.jpg. Gannon. Gannon.jpg

Tiny. Archibald.jpg

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
No rhyme or reason to today's mail:

2003 Topps Chrome Blue Backs Relics Jeff Bagwell
2003 Topps Chrome '51 Red Back Relics.jpg

1997 Ultra HR Kings Barry Bonds - Scans do these cards no justice.
2 Barry Bonds.jpg

2018 Topps Chrome Update Pink Refractor Sandy Alcantara - Cy Young winner refractor RC for $1...no brainer.
2019 Topps Chrome Update Pink Refractor Sandy Alcantara.jpg

1995 Bowman's Best Scott Rolen RC
1995 Bowmans Best Scott Rolen.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Yesterday was my Thanksgiving gathering with family, so I didn't have time to get the mail and/or post the results. Today's mail hasn't come yet, but I am knocking out yesterdays anyway. Maybe more to follow today.

I have grown to love this set. Lots of color, various team representation and just great looking cards. Many are way too expensive, but I find bargains now and again.

Perez /15Perez 15.jpg

Aparicio /10. Aparicio 10.jpg

Morgan /25. Morgan.jpg

Gola Gola.jpg

Some of you paying attention may have recalled the ordeal involving this card. I won it from tntnorthnj and he sent me the wrong card. This was at least the third time he'd done that in recent ordeal and never could/would produce the correct card. In this case, this was completing my Purple People Eaters collection and it was the final straw. This card had not been easy to find at my price. Most wanted $60+ for one. The result was that I vowed never to buy a single card from that ******* and have made sure to keep my promise. I even got him to block my ID so it would not happen by mistake.

Anyway, finally see another listed low at auction and hoping that i could win out at a cheaper price. Once more, I won this card in the $20 range and was nervouse waiting for it to arrive and that day was yesterday.

San side note for me. When I was putting away some cards, I realized that I didn't have 3 of the 4, with Marshall being the last remaining. I am now actually sitting at 3 of 4 now, with Marshall, Eller and Larson. I am still missing Alan Page! Doh!!! IUf you have a Pagfe from thjis set you have wanted to move and are not looking for a fortune, please let me know. Several listed on ebay now in the $80-100 range. Ideally, I'd like to find one in the same $20-40 range as I did for Marshall. Neither have died yet and both seem to have a ton of signed cards, so $80 is a bit high for my taste.

J Marshall.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Been tough landing a Maz. Of all copies, I end up with a blue /25 (my favorite each year) at the best price! Maz 25.png

This card is one that was pack inserted, but they typically were stamped. This could be one of the common inserts signed after the fact. i usually only get the stamped ones, but this has been a tough card to land in general. D Robinson.png

BucCollector

Apr 25, 2012
PXL_20221127_213451734.jpg

Via TCDB. Madlock is from a 1984 Topps Stickers box. Stargell is a dupe if anyone needs one.

PXL_20221127_213636276.jpg

Mother's Cookies. I now have a 2008 Goudey Coolidge for trade.

PXL_20221127_213538684.jpg

WBB player I didn't have, from a set I didn't have, plus a Hoosier

PXL_20221127_213807636.jpg

First 2022 Prizms, four players I didn't have.

Members online

Latest posts