Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

November 2022 - New Arrivals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
1993 Topps Finest Refractor #46 Jim Abbott -- I've toyed with collecting Abbott in the past but never went after a complete collection because he has easy and boring Yankees releases from 1993-1995. So, in lieu, of chasing a complete player collection, I've settled for a couple of key issues. This 1993 Refractor being one of them, and the 2005 Fan Favorites Autograph being the other.

Jim-Abbott.jpg

2001 Fleer Triple Crown Green #100 Paul O'Neill /100 -- Gives me all three numbered parallels, toughest is #d/18. Missing just the Purple foil.
s-l800.jpg

1995 Topps #3C Babe Ruth --- Another variation for my Yankees Topps run. Have the Topps Logo, no Logo and the Conlon. Not a big pickup, but makes the set builder in me happy. The main reason for posting is that I am not sure how the different versions were issued, perhaps someone here can help shed light on this/

s-l1600.jpg

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I had a big mail day today. This is less than a quarter. I got several thousand British cigarette cards (mostly in set form) in today and I'll be sharing some pics as I get them sorted and sleeved over the rest of the week.

One for the GOTG set
Howard, Frank.jpg

A few Helsleys for rainbow building
2022 Topps Now Postseason.jpg2022 Topps Now Postseason Orange.jpg
2022 Topps Update All Star Relic Silver.jpg

1991 Topps Traded Tiffany Jeff Bagwell RC
1991 Topps Traded Tiffany.jpg

1973 Polydor Limited The Guitar Album set - This set is going to drive me nuts trying to find well centered upgrades.
Set.jpg

A couple Disney holograms from the early 90s for good measure too.
H-1 Mickey and the Beanstalk.jpgH-1 Mickey and the Beanstalk Back.jpg
H-2 Get Goofy.jpgH-2 Get Goofy Back.jpg

Last edited:

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
I had a big mail day today. This is less than a quarter. I got several thousand British cigarette cards (mostly in set form) in today and I'll be sharing some pics as I get them sorted and sleeved over the rest of the week.

One for the GOTG set
View attachment 343929

A few Helsleys for rainbow building
View attachment 343930View attachment 343931
View attachment 343932

1991 Topps Traded Tiffany Jeff Bagwell RC
View attachment 343933

1973 Polydor Limited The Guitar Album set - This set is going to drive me nuts trying to well centered upgrades.
View attachment 343934

A couple Disney holograms from the early 90s for good measure too.
View attachment 343935View attachment 343936
View attachment 343937View attachment 343938
What are those Goofy cards?

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
How have I never heard of or seen these before? I have so many questions!!! Just one for now: How many are in the set?
PM me if you want. I've actually got two extra sets still. There were five sets in one of the lots of tobacco cards I got in yesterday.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
1998 Skybox Thunder Rave Darin Erstad (another one. This is copy #5)
1998 Topps Tek Darin Erstad x4 (always pick up affordable extras to trade/sell)
2018 Darin Erstad Bowman 70th Anniversary 1997 Bowman GOLD

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
This should have posted yesterday, ran out of time. Couple cheap cuts (Ted Turner and Chub Feeney

T Turner.jpgFeeney.jpg

Palmer. Palmer.jpg

Cris Carter. C Carter.jpg

Gastineau. I didn't catch this, and really don't care outside Garvey and a random one here and there, but this is 99/99, Gastineau's number. Gastineau.jpg

Lot of 9 1992 Pacific Largent. These appear to be replacement cards that were never serialized. Assume the signatures were real from the card issue, but I suppose someone could have gotten a hold of unsigned cards and had them all signed at some point. Largent Lot F.jpgLargent Lot B.jpg

These could have been shared in the Dodger thread, but prefer Dodger cards and I have too many that I'll need a 2nd post if I don't share these here.

Randolph Silver. Randolph Silver.jpg
Frank Robby. Criminal how cheap these go for! F Robby.jpg

John /35. Believe this is my first/only Angels certified card, a Donruss Recollections. I like this set a lot. Donruss had some good designs and 83 is my favorite of the 80s offerings. John 35.jpg

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Last mail day of November is a couple Hall of Fame RCs and another Mickey Mouse hologram to finish the 1991 Impel Disney Hologram set.

1992 Bowman Mike Piazza.jpg 1990 Leaf Frank Thomas.jpg

I'm probably going to crack the Piazza, get a good look at the surface, and sub it with SGC. I don't see anything through the plastic with a magnifier that should have knocked it down to the 8.5 surface grade it got. Usually I can see exactly why something got graded down but I just don't on this card. It must be a surface scratch or something the plastic and sleeve are hiding. Even so it should still get a 9 from SGC given it's three other 9.5 subgrades and I prefer their slabs to BGS so off it goes.

The Thomas was a throw in with the Piazza and boy does it deserve that 7. Honestly I'm kind of shocked it's that high. It's got a rough top edge, a very soft corner, and if the subgrades are to be believed it has surface issues bad enough to get a 6. It'll get cracked out and put in a top load most likely.

The Mickey the Sorcerer hologram finishes up my 1991 Impel Disney Set.
H-1 Mickey the Sorcerer.jpgH-1 Mickey the Sorcerer Back.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
These came yesterday, been a little behind for a week or more.

Killebrew /25. Killebrew 25.jpg

McGinnis. Old School (really like some of these designs a lot, this one is decent, but others are better). McGinnis.jpg

Thompson. M Thompson.jpg

Members online