Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The "Cameo" Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Here are a few more cameos I've found for Robbie Alomar, beyond the ones on Tim's list...

1990 Upper Deck #119 (with Brett Butler)

1995 Pinnacle #137 (with Jose Valentin)

1995 Upper Deck Collectors Choice #508 (with Norberto Martin)

2002 Topps Total #67 (with Russ Martin)

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Here are a few more cameos I've found for Robbie Alomar, beyond the ones on Tim's list...

1990 Upper Deck #119 (with Brett Butler)

1995 Pinnacle #137 (with Jose Valentin)

1995 Upper Deck Collectors Choice #508 (with Norberto Martin)

2002 Topps Total #67 (with Russ Martin)

Thanks for posting these. The ones on the back are cool. Upper Deck was the best at including images on both the front and back.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I recently, after 20 years of looking, found the gold foil autograph of this 1998 Bowman Tony Womack. It's limited to 25 copies. Here it is with the Silver (75 copies) and Blue (500 copies). Definitely my most expensive cameo!

View attachment 346349 View attachment 346350 View attachment 346351
Because of you sharing, I went and set up a search for this card and won one, probably the easiest one to find, fairly cheap. Unfortunately it has not arrived yet. It was sent standard trading card method, so hoping it's just late like most of them and it arrives eventually. Great action shot and Womack wasn't terrible (1X AS), so it fits into my collection.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Because of you sharing, I went and set up a search for this card and won one, probably the easiest one to find, fairly cheap. Unfortunately it has not arrived yet. It was sent standard trading card method, so hoping it's just late like most of them and it arrives eventually. Great action shot and Womack wasn't terrible (1X AS), so it fits into my collection.
The blue foil version shouldn't have cost you much. I do think it's a cool action shot. Womack's 1998 Topps Gallery card uses a photo from the same play! What do you think - I think the Gallery photo is a fraction of a second before the Bowman photo?

98TOPPSGALLERYWOMACK25.jpg98BOWMANWOMACK.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
The blue foil version shouldn't have cost you much. I do think it's a cool action shot. Womack's 1998 Topps Gallery card uses a photo from the same play! What do you think - I think the Gallery photo is a fraction of a second before the Bowman photo?

View attachment 346533View attachment 346534
I would tend to agree. Still no Womack card. Have saved the search to buy another, just in case mine never shows.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
There are a few other cards in 1996 where Mattingly is using a black mitt with a blue wrist band on the right wrist and a gray wrist band on the left, but it would be good to have a Mattingly expert weigh in with their opinion on this one.

Tim-Salmon.jpg
1996 Upper Deck - [Base] #290 - Tim Salmon
Courtesy of COMC.com

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
The last month I have been adding alot of the common players I used to ignore as well as buying cameo cards so I could get scans. Really dug into finding players on the backs of cards. John Jaha collectors are the biggest beneficiaries.

Current counts:

Total Cameo Records: 4053
Cameo Records without Parallels: 2772

I also moved the link under the Checklists tab and made a single page.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Hey, thanks a lot! You found three cameo cards that I didn't know about.

The last month I have been adding alot of the common players I used to ignore as well as buying cameo cards so I could get scans. Really dug into finding players on the backs of cards. John Jaha collectors are the biggest beneficiaries.

Current counts:

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008

Current counts:

You have a new one I don't have. Also, for Sandberg, I think we've determined that the 1992 Topps Jeff Blauser is not Ryno.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Garvey shows up in some Rose passing Cobb hit items, but he is pretty much absent from cameo shots for the most part.

Members online