Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I Created Four Custom Jumbo Patch Cards for my Collection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Recently, I was shown an amazing collection of jumbo patch cards of various players. I *LOVE* jumbo patch cards - the problem is that my favorite player doesn't have too terribly many of them, and far fewer logo jumbo patch cards. I thought I'd "go back to my roots" and create some cards of my main dude inspired by designs of sets I wished he was in - as you can see, I amped them up quite a bit too :) It has been a while - here they are!

20210723_154340.jpg

20210722_151316.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

20210724_174046.jpg

Obviously, these aren't game used patches, but they still mean a lot to me, as all of them have been taken from jerseys Jose wore when I was at his house. It is very satisfying to be able to have physical copies of cards I wished the card companies made. They are displayed in with cards in my "real" collection and fit in quite nicely!

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
That first one threw me, I didn’t realize the white at the bottom was jersey, just thought it didn’t fit right, then after seeing the others, I realized my eyes deceived me…

The last one is definitely my favorite, and they go in order from the bottom up actually

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

delsant2

May 29, 2010
Holy smokes, these are simply incredible! I'm sorry to not have posted on a few of your other amazing threads, but I am glad to finally do so here! I am stunned with how good these look!

I know you have been making cards for quite some time.....and to be honest, they rival the actual "real" product quite a bit. I have to ask, because there are times I wish I could do something similar, how on earth do you make these? Do you have a thread on how to make cards? I think that would be an unbelievable read!

Also, I don't think I ever heard the story of you actually going to Jose Canseco's house. Please do tell!

Cheers, Mark

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Holy smokes, these are simply incredible! I'm sorry to not have posted on a few of your other amazing threads, but I am glad to finally do so here! I am stunned with how good these look!

I know you have been making cards for quite some time.....and to be honest, they rival the actual "real" product quite a bit. I have to ask, because there are times I wish I could do something similar, how on earth do you make these? Do you have a thread on how to make cards? I think that would be an unbelievable read!

Also, I don't think I ever heard the story of you actually going to Jose Canseco's house. Please do tell!

Cheers, Mark
Thank you everyone!

Thanks Mark! Here is a link to a tutorial: And a link to my story :) https://tanmanbaseballfan.com/2015/05/chasing-canseco-best-day-ever-2.html

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I really like them all, but the Expos card is fantastic. His 2002 Topps Traded card with the Expos is one of my favorites as well, a part of that tiny niche of cards where a player is depicted on a team for which he never actually played an official game (aside from all the Bowman prospect cards, of course). Great work.

Members online

Latest posts