Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

July 2022 - New Arrivals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
A couple 80s era card shop catalogs. The Pacific One includes a photo of the Bob Feller signing I attended in person, which is very cool. \Feller 2.jpgFeller `1.jpgTCMA Catalog.jpg

Jerry Rice as well. Rice.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Picked up an MJ rookie
View attachment 340267

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
An air freshener. That can't be a common sight, although it becomes more apparent as time passes that a lot of stuff got stashed away that you'd never think would when it was new. You can thank those kinds of people for preserving the past issues, who had the foresight to save a bunch!

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I don't often find myself picking up game used cards these days, but I think this basically unknown card deserves far more attention and love.

Jackie Robinson went through an impossibly difficult challenge, standing up to the vitriol he heard from fans, players on opposing teams etc. He had to deal with teammates who did not want him there, and hotels and eating establishments where he was not welcome. Martin Luther King Jr noted the role that Jackie Robinson played in the civil rights movement.

One of the players who welcomed Jackie and treated him well was Hank Greenberg. As a Jewish baseball player, Greenberg had his own experiences with hate as a Jewish player who played at a time when it was fully acceptable to be vocal about one's anti-Semitism.

To date, I believe this is the only game used card that pairs these two legends; who each represented a particular population with grace, dignity, and enormous talent. Glad to have been able to find a copy.

And a link to more info on their interaction.

Attachments

• Hank Greenberg Jackie Robinson 2002 Fleer Rival Factions.jpg
    Hank Greenberg Jackie Robinson 2002 Fleer Rival Factions.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 14

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
My son's appendix decided it was bored with doing nothing and up and died so we spent the weekend in the hospital after it was removed Sunday morning. He got sprung today with a clean bill of health. I had a few bubble mailers stacked up on my desk from Saturday to today so here we go.

2004 Topps Yadier Molina RC SGC 9.5, 2004 Bazooka Base, 2004 Bazooka Mini Batting
I've been making a conscious effort to upgrade my raw Molina RCs to SGC 9.5s or 10s. I still have stacks of raw Molinas I've been looking at for grading purposes but in this case I traded a really clean raw 2004 Topps Molina and a couple other Molinas for this slab, saving myself the bother of subbing one,. The same guy I traded with had the Bazookas and was selling them cheap and combined shipping is combined shipping. Neither of them are worth grading but I didn't have them so they'll work for now.
2004 Topps SGC 9.5 Front.jpg 2004 Bazooka Batting.jpg 2004 Bazooka Mini Batting.jpg

2016 Topps Update Seung-Hwan Oh SP RC
This is a Cardinals SP RC that I didn't have and it was cheap. The best part is the Molina Cameo.
2016 Topps Seung Hwan Oh SP (w Yadi).jpg

2001 Stadium Club Gold /50 Dylan Carlson RC Auto
This is just adding another numbered Carlson auto to the stash. I love Stadium Club's photography. It doesn't hurt that all his Stadium Club autos are on card while his Flasgships are stickers either.
2021 Stadium Club Chrome Gold Dylan Carlson.jpg

1998 Topps Chrome Power Players Refractor Jeff Bagwell
Think I have 6 or 8 of these now but it's one of my favorite sets from 1998, it was cheap, and it's a PC guy so why not.
1998 Topps Chrome Power Players Refractor.jpg

madbull34

Sep 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
2003 Ultimate Collection #169 Hideki Matsui Autograph Rookie Card /250 -- A hot card once, prices have finally fallen in to my stratosphere after 20 years. Very happy to land one. As an autograph collector, I was more focused on finding a clean auto without any bubbling and care less about the small surface indent on the back. He has a ton of newer autos, which have helped bring his prices down across the board with his autographs, even the key ones.

View attachment 340211

My Matsui collection at present; some Mirrors, Japanese rookies and my favorite of the bunch the 2003 Topps Kanebo. His only Topps rookie issue from 2003, only found in Japan. Would like to eventually track down the LCM Gold, Tomy, Calbee and Takara at fair prices.

View attachment 340214View attachment 340213

Nice Godzilla collection!

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
073022.jpg
The Dilfer auto is on my favorite card (see my avatar) but I have a billion of his autos, the reason I picked it up is because it was embossed with a seal I couldn't make out in the auction pic and I wanted to see what was up. It turns out it's embossed with the SkyBox seal, similar to what would have been on pack-inserted autographs in the '90s. I'm not aware of a signed version of this card being inserted in packs or sold otherwise so it's a mystery where it came from. Note the crappy bubbled signature, it really looks like a TTM/IP card. It could always be that somebody got ahold of a SkyBox stamp after the Fleer bankruptcy and went around stamping cards, ha. A fun novelty/mystery for like $5.

The Zito/Hudson 2003 Studio Proof 047/100 is one that fell through the cracks somehow, it wasn't on my wantlist and I thought I had the team set but I've been cataloging my cards lately and noticed I was missing it. Obviously that had to be rectified immediately.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
They (Skybox) did some QB autos around that time. However, they may be different cards. I don't remember now.

Last mail day of July brings Carew /15 and Martinez /110

Carew 15.jpgE Martinez.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
That was it I believe. I see a 12 theme and he was a top 10 draft pick, so it wasn’t a stretch to include him at the time. Sweet Stabler that I don’t think I have, it would like to have.